icon

bootleg car alarms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
I went to a car shop trying to get a viper car alarm and since they had none they tried to get me to purchase a alarm called code alarm. Just looking at it made me say no. Has anyone heard of this alarm before any bad experencies. I just tried this other shop but , I wanted to know if someone knew about it
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
jaybizz 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
don't be afraid. if it was a new code alarm ca670 or ca680 than it is a prestige or rather an audiovox who manufactures both. the prestige 997 remotes will program to it and vice versa. what i like about it that is better than the prestige is, the relays for pop trunk, parking lights, and dome supervision are built in. all u have to do is place the relay (+) or (-) in the brain depending on the car. it is more installer friendly and takes less time to do. so if you like prestige than you'll love this one.
alarm king
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Code Alarm is owned/made by Audiovox, and they make a nice product with a great, honest warranty.
Viper is nice but they won't warranty the two-way remotes after a year.
Regardless, the installation is by far more important than the product.
Try to find an installer who knows what he's talking about, who will warranty EVERYTHING forever(the installation, the product, and the remotes).
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
code alarm is a great unit. the thing is audiovox doesnt mind helping those installing it themselves. if you called DEI, you will simply get a smack in the face as they only help authorized dealers. and codealarm has superb warrenty
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
I got into this industry in 1985 and Code-Alarm was the first alarms I ever installed.  They got their name because they had alarms with a keypad and you had to enter the code to disarm the alarm.  I wasn't aware that Audiovox bought them, but it could have been worse, DUI  I mean DEI could have bought them.  Just wanted to let you know how long Code-Alarm has been around.
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  

I have been installing CA for some time now.... and have no trouble with them... and the warranty is great

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

I offer both Viper and Code Alarm in my store.  Previously it was DEI only, for like 20 years.   But this winter I wanted to make alot more money.  So I added Code Alarm as my  "dont you have anything cheaper?" line. 

Installers from a local shop who are good friends of mine convinced me to use Code.  They've used only that for years and swear by it like I do most DEI.

It costs me alot less than the Viper stuff, and I sold ithe Code at last years Viper prices!   So I got the same amount of money for alot cheaper product.   

Then I raised my Viper prices to reflect the "high end" line.  And it helped me sell more Viper, and increased my profits on the Viper line.

Both are quality products but are only as good as the installation.

97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
I got into this industry in 1985 and Code-Alarm was the first alarms I ever installed.  They got their name because they had alarms with a keypad and you had to enter the code to disarm the alarm.  I wasn't aware that Audiovox bought them, but it could have been worse, DUI  I mean DEI could have bought them.  Just wanted to let you know how long Code-Alarm has been around.

Good one!!  bootleg car alarms -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic