icon

2007 ford explorer remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrponce 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  

Haveing problems with the bypass that i got. It will lose it's programing after a couple of days ?

gp customs tech
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of bypass?  Get a keyoveride all from Fortin. That will fix your problem.
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
We need to know what the make and model of the bypass is.
Yes, Mikvot is correct that the Keyoveride All will fit the application and works very well but there are other kits by other manufactures that will work also.
mrponce 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

I used a PKFORD from bypass kits .com thats is what they said to use. Well thats what we use down here at the shop.

Thanks for your time.    Jared

gp customs tech
voluster 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

make sure you powered up the orange wire with ignition  and have the lastest firmware.

Reflash it with the newest firmware and it should be alset

I had the same problem with the same car and same bypass

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
DEI had said they had issues with the XK04 in some fords losing programming. We had a Lincoln Navigator do that same thing a few months ago. I had to cut the green TX wire and add a relay to it.
Wire diagram as follows:
Pin 85 to ground
pin 86 to 12v+ ignition
pin 87a to ground
pin 30 to cut green wire toward module
pin 87 to cut green wire towards car TX wire
Since doing this the vehicle has not come back with any issue with bypass unprogramming.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

when you go to www.xpresskit.com it shows the X04-PKF3 Version 1.0 for that car, not the PKFORD. I use the PKF3 on almost all the 07 & 08 Fords I do now with no problems.

Also techman - I'm pretty sure 87a shouldn't be grounded.  I Remember seeing that relay used with the 08 F150 but don't remember that 87a was grounded.  I didn't have to use a relay on the last 07 F150 I did.  It just worked with no comebacks w/PKF3 Firmware on it.  Just lucky I guess.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
techman93's diagram is exactly what DEI posted about the XK04 PKF3. I am not 100% sure how this works either as using that diagram it puts the XK04 green TX wire to ground any time the ignition is on. But this is indeed how DEI/bypasskit.com said to wire it up if the XK04 PKF3 loses programming.
flobee4...for some reason the XK04 PKF3 only loses programming on some vehicles. It does not lose it on all. We have done several 07/08 Fords and have only come across one that needed to be isolated using this diagram.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic