icon

building your own nss?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

so here's the deal.. i have a car with manual transmission and i want to purchase one of dei's sweet new responder le systems for it. i've done remote starts on manuals plenty of times before (my personal cars) and have yet to have an issue with it. unfortunately, i'm getting old and i'm getting rather forgetful.. haha

i know there are modules available to help me out (such as peripheral's NSS, or dei's 689m) but i hate the idea of buying something that i might be able to build myself with a few relays and diodes.

has anyone here managed to figure out the schematics of building one? i imagine a simple set-up that is activated by the status output, but dies if it sees a door open?..

sweetest system ever..
spoolingv8 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
I just hook up the neutral saftey switch input to the parking brake... just make sure the car doesn't drag the back tires... which I had an Integra do  building your own nss? -- posted image.
philaf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
won't work.. it's a civic, so the rear tires can drag.. nope, i need something that simply won't allow it to even try to start
sweetest system ever..
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

Unless the system is designed to be used on a manual transmission vehicle like a Compustar or you buy the required DEI part...your not gonna get any info here.  If fact, i don't see this thread lasting long. Read the forum rules.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
that is true. get a 689m from DEI and your set.
philaf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

why would this be against forum rules? i'm not seeking ways to bypass the thing.. i WANT the protection that a 689m would give me. i'm just looking for a way of building the module myself.. why pay $100 for something that i might be able to make with some of the 40+ relays and 100+ diodes i already have??

sweetest system ever..
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
I hear what your saying. Not to try to talk you out of DEI product, but have you checked into Compustar stuff? You wouldn't need to buy or make anything to get the unit to work on your manual. Completely safe right out of the box.
philaf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2008 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
yeah.. but have you seen the responder series alarms? that remote is crazy hot.. haha
oh well.. guess i'll just do some experimenting on my own tomorrow since work is slow. hopefully someone here has access to one they wouldn't mind cracking open for the sake of curiosity??
edit.. and apparently i'm retarded, cuz i just read more info on the responder series, and they are in fact set up for manuals right out the box.. yay!!
but you know what? i still wanna figure this out.. lol
sweetest system ever..
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2008 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
wow thats sure a new thing thats gonna be hot for the market. DEI has never designed a unit for manual. so far a few like prostart, compustar and others offer manual safe units. if DEI offers it too, i guess thats a good thing.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2008 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

saw your posts about building a nss...or something that emulates one. yes i've done it. pm me back if interested

mark

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic