icon

blackjax/smart windows issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
94ls 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2008 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
As the title says my blackjax system won;t shut the car off. It goes off and th siren and lights go crazy the gauges die but the car will continue to run.  Anyone have any ideas? Also when programming the smart windows manually without the wizard (don't have it and can;t seem to find it. DEI canada does not sell it). I start with the windows down and pull up on the drivers switch for 2sec like the instructions say and the window only goes up about 2inches. It will auto roll down both sides but that's about it. The windows go up in small increments only. Can someone help me out here?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2008 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged  

On the first issue, reprogramme the tach but with the engine idling at asbout 1500 rpm,not sure about the 2nd issue, except disconnect fuse from smart windows for 10 secs, then try again.

94ls 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Got the smartwindows fixed...I'll try reprogramming the tach to 1500 and see what happens. Right now it's set to about 750-800 where the truck idles...It's in a 96 toyota 4runner or I think there surfs in the UK.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2008 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Your right but every Surf I ever did was a Japanese Import!
94ls 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2008 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

LOL...go figure. I was wondering will reprogramming the tach to 1500rpm instead of the idle ~800 have any affects on anything else? remote start?

94ls 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well tried reprogramming the tach to 1500 but no luck. After doing so the remote start would no work....it kept holding the starter after started and would then shut off the car. Since the car was already warm i simply help my foot on the gas to keep the rpm at 1500 while reprogramming it confirmed it learned it but would not work. Blackjax seems to be functioning correctly but still does not shut off the car when triggered. I was also wondering...if blackjax bypassed when intellistart starts the car...i assume yes or it would triggert but does it enable back when the key is inserted and the car starts to move. I'll try experimenting with that tmw but Maybe someone can answer this in advance.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2008 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  
The symptons you just mentioned tell me you haven't programmed tach! DON'T use a Wiz, do it manually.
94ls 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2008 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
I have programmed the tach. I'm doing everything manually because I don't have the wizard. I had to have the tach programmed to begin with because blackjax won't work with out it programmed. With the tach set at normal idle everything it fine. Like I said when I kept the revs up and reprogrammed it to 1500...remote start would not work. I'll try it again but I'm sure I had it programmed properly.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
You have wired  the wires for the black jax wrong it activating,but you must be on the wrong ignition wire ,remember toyota has two igntion wires,check yr wiring,then check the reprogram of yr tach.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic