icon

alarm/remote start, 02 ford explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
There's a good chance your issue is not the alarm. It seems everytime i hear of this issue it ends up being a door latch problem instead. I would try prying gently on the rear hatch a bit while it's closed and see if it doesn't simulate the problem
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
dustin23 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2008 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
ive studied my 02 ford explorer's current security system. my questions is what's the reason for making a connections to the lock and unlock motors?
dustin213
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 05, 2008 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
To lock and unlock the doors. alarm/remote start, 02 ford explorer - Page 4 -- posted image.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2008 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
im trying to locate the trunk/hatch release wire and color of the wire in my 02 ford explorer to make the connection to the fai 8000 plus unit that im installing.  
dustin213
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
what can i use the unlock and lock motor when installing an alarm? can i connect trunk/hatch release? current alarm system has no trunk/hatch release, but the hatch still opens when i press unlock, why? the only connection i view to the door locking is lock/unlock motor and power unlock.
dustin213
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to work out what you are asking. Are you trying to unlock the hatch separately? If so please follow the rules....What car year and model? What alarm/RS system? The hatch unlocks because its part of the vehicle's factory system. You might isolate the hatch UNLOCK MOTOR WIRE (sits on neg then flips to pos on unlock, use an aux on your alarm to control this through a relay). But none of this is germane unless we have the info!
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
i was checking the current security system in my 2002 ford explorer when i put the unit back i tried to turn on the truck and it would not start. it will just crank. i know the unit has a starter kill relay in which the diode is broken. what can do in order to start my ford explorer?
dustin213
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
If you have starter kill and the motor turns over when you attempt to start it, the alarm is not your problem.  However, if they used the starter kill relay to interrupt the ignition wire, this could be a problem.  Find the relay and follow the 2 larger wires from the relay to see what color wire they connect to.  Both wires should connect to the same color wire.  Let us know what color wire they are connected to.   To disable the relay, reconnect the wire back together.  The one you followed the 2 larger wires to.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
will your truck start with the key?
The search function is your friend.
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
is it possible for the key to stop working?
dustin213
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic