the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 xl7, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
has anyone done one of these trucks ? im trying to figure out this pk3 first one    do primarly fords   the diagram says the white wire from the ing harness does both the 2nd starter and acc2   it says to use a 6.3k ohm resister with a relay   how would i do this ? the white wire gets 11 volts with the key off and 4 volts with the key turned to ing pos thanks in advance joe
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
The car has GM's hybrid PassKey3+ immobilizer system - basically it consists of transponder keys like you're used to on Fords, as well as an unconventional ignition switch (by 'unconventional' I mean that it doesn't have separate 12v+ wires for ignition, accessory, and start at the switch itself).
If you don't have a bypass yet, I would suggest something like Bypasskit's PKU-GM2X - it takes care of both of those issues.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
xk01 and xk06
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2008 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
ok i used a 556u it has the traditional transponder key   and 9.6k resister for the start wire and a 6.3k for the 2nd acc wire also used a relay to open up the white wire that does those fuctions   everything works great now except when its remote started the headlights flash on and off   i hooked in to the brown and white wire at the bcm coming from the switch   it showed 12 with the lights off and 0 when lights were on it does has auto lamps is there a "headlight off" wire i have to open up in order to stop that ?   thanks again in advance Joe
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2008 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

If you've got the parking light output from the remote start set to 'flashing' that will cause what you're describing - the car think's you're turning the switch between "auto" and "park" repeatedly as it sees that wire go from off to ground and back. 

Easiest solution is to set the park lights to constant, however if you really want flashing lights and the car has the momentary off position on the switch (where once the car's running you turn it the opposite way from park and it kills the DRLs/autolamps until you shut the car off)  you could build a circuit to activate the "temporary off" wire at the same time the parking lights pulse off - you might also be able to find a (+) parking light output (maybe brown in BCM C2 pin B7, but no guarantees) and use that.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
chev104275 
Posted: March 04, 2008 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
the light output was set to constant on   i changed the wire from brown white    to white    the brown white was the switch input to the bcm    the white is the output of the bcm to the park relay coil   still a neg out     the headlights just stay on now   thanks for the info

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic