viper 791xv and 530t connection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cdifani 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Guys:
I'm a retired fireman who's restoring a 1973 DeTomaso Pantera. I want to add a 530T to my existing Viper 791XV. I have the windows sorted out, and the rest of the connections. Except for the connection to the alarm brain.
From what I understand, the 530T needs a connection to an auxiliary input, to a negative validity channel output (H2/3 Red-white). It also needs a negative "ground-when-armed output". And last is the auxiliary channel control (H2/4 Orange).
Currently I have the first Aux channel connected to the rear decklid release, so that leaves channels 3 or 4 for the 530T unit.
My question is just how do I connect into the alarm brain? Do any of these need to have a diode in the connection? Or can I simply splice into the alarm harness wires?
I managed to successfully fumble my way thru the initial 791XV install. But this install has me worried....
Not as worried as installing that Magnacharger blower on the 5.4L SVT engine does however....
Thanks for all your time, and the sharing of your knowledge.
Chris
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Orange wire from your Viper goes to orange and orange black on your 530t. This wil give you automatic (ie no buttons to press) window close on arming the alarm. If you wish to close the windows separately use one of the spare aux outputs, left as it is you would have to hold the buttons to close. If you set the output to "timed" e.g.the time it takes to close the windows via their switches + 2 secs for instance 8 seconds, then you can set that aux to do that and the windows will close automatically after holding the buttons for about 1.5 seconds; the choice is yours. To vent windows after arming, use the next aux joined I believe to grey and grey black on the 530t.  No diodes are neccessary.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry I should have read the directechs site before my previous post. Should read orange alarm to orange on 530t and aux (not the red /white if you're already using it) to RED / white on 530t.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic