icon

python 460hp, 97 civic hx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thedrew 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

Had an installer buddy of mine install a DEI Python 460HP on my 1997 Civic HX a couple weeks ago. This car originally had no security. Everything worked fine the first day. But then the next day, the lock stopped working on the remote. The alarm will still arm, and the car will still unlock. It will also lock manually with the key. We thought it might have been a bad soldiering job, so we pulled the kickpanel and checked all the connections. It looked fine. Can anyone give any insight or have any knowledge on this problem. Unless you know a quick fix, I believe he is planning to use a 451m relay and tap into the wire in the door panel next.

Thanks in advance!

-Andrew

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
Do both the doors not lock? Or is it just the driver's door you are having this problem with? If you press lock on the door panel and it works then your problem is with the installation/interfacing if it does not work the problem may be with the factory relays (highly unlikely). It is also possible that your actuator is just going bad if the passenger door locks but not the driver's.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
might also have something to do with the door not sensing it is completely closed.   it the driver door ising sensing that is is latched it will not lock(child safety) so if it's just your driver door that does this you could check that out too.
life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
check and see if the output on the unit is still working.
thedrew 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Both the doors don't lock. So I guess the next step is checking the output on the unit. I'll let you guys know how that goes. Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic