icon

98 bmw 323is clutch sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
from my understanding for the parking lights you could break the connection on the headlight switch with a relay that would take care of the parking lights. as for the clutch bypass you do not need a relay connect the starter wire (starter side) to the brown and black wire. heres a link on how to wire the relay for the parking lights hope it helps http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_3-SERIES_BMW%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20FLASH.pdf
bmr_276 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
is there any way to connect it to the turn signal lights instead of
parking lights?
a diagram would be great
thanks
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
am not sure about that one never done it before i do it in new car like jeeps since the parking lights runs trhu data but never tried for this specific car. you can do the parking lights its really simple just follow the diagram and use a relay.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
PARKLIGHTS Gray/purple & Gray / YELLOW At light switch harness   + 
 Left & right parklights are independent and must be isolated. See the TIP diagram.
use 2  6 amp diodes with the cathode side (the white line) away from your remote start.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

This is from our friend Howie.... (poor guys internet SUCKS.)

If E36, go to hazard flasher switch and GROUND thin BROWN / blue.

If E46, pull off cover trim over lighting switch, remove 1 Philips screw and draw whole switch out towards you. Open loom wrapping carefully with a Stanley knife,
following cables:- light blue/green x 2 light blue yellow x 2  light blue brown x 2.  If one light flash (with at least 10 amp capacity) split 6 ways through 2N54xx diodes,
if 2 light flash outputs, split each 3 ways through the diodes. Don't use smaller diodes they don't have the capacity.
Regards H.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

Gary, this time you took my thunder ahah 98 bmw 323is clutch sensor - Page 2 -- posted image.. howie sent me the same thing to post, but ur an early riser!  

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{T}{TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"}Thanks Gary and Ted I think the system failed to wake up this morning.{/TD}{/TR}{TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/T}{/TABLE}
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{T}{TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"}Woops{/TD}{/TR}{TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/T}{/TABLE}
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, just got rid of thecrap lets try again, just to say the system had a glitch this morning.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

yea, i hate when the post comes out all wack. This is from the toolbar you might have added (yahoo, google, etc). I thought the UK was the best in internet service? theyhave the worlds fastest connections if i recall. Did u get your ISP problems sorted out fully yet howie?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic