icon

ford carpet for enclosure, pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tegpilot 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, built this enclosure for my 04 f-150 extended. Anyone have any advice on obtaining oem type carpet? I have access to standard carpets, but am wanting to match as exactly as possible. Thanks. I'll post more pics when complete.
ford carpet for enclosure, pics -- posted image.
99 INTEGRA LS 4DR Forest Green.Alpine CDA9857 Deck. JBL 755.6 AMP, Kappa 50.7cs Front, Kappa 6x9's Rear, 4 JBL GTO804 subs
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

You could come real close to OE color, but you don't want actual OE carpet.... it's heavily backed and would be

impossible to work with. It looks like you got the hang of glass.... why did you not use MDF?

Tegpilot 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

That's all I'm wanting is to find a color matched carpet, not necessarily the actual backed, molded carpet.  

I needed more volume for those two 8's than I could squeeze out using just wood, so I glassed part of it. 

Anybody else have any advice on the carpet?

99 INTEGRA LS 4DR Forest Green.Alpine CDA9857 Deck. JBL 755.6 AMP, Kappa 50.7cs Front, Kappa 6x9's Rear, 4 JBL GTO804 subs
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Tegpilot wrote:

That's all I'm wanting is to find a color matched carpet, not necessarily the actual backed, molded carpet.  

I needed more volume for those two 8's than I could squeeze out using just wood, so I glassed part of it. 

Anybody else have any advice on the carpet?

i think he's asking why you dint use MDF instead of partical board for you enclosure.   try your local fabrics shop (key stone) they usually have a few different styles. another thing you could do if you have a spliter(used to slit leather) or konw where one is you could use, you can actually shave the backing right off any carpet makes it very easy to work with.

Tegpilot 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  

Oh I got ya, it's mdf, I just really had to shave down the picture quality to get them low enough for upload.

joyrydn 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
your best bet it to check out some salvage yards to find an exact match on the carpet, or go online.  i have an 03 f150 ext. cab and i built a box for 2 12" subs and have then downfiring, they load off the floor for a harder hit, just had to take out the jack, 50" across box.  sounds awesome.  but try a yard to see if they have anything you could use hten it will be the same deal that you are looking for, but shave the backing off to make it thinner and more pliable. let me know if that helps.
Make it Euro'n!!!
evileagletalon 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
joyrydn wrote:
your best bet it to check out some salvage yards to find an exact match on the carpet, or go online.  i have an 03 f150 ext. cab and i built a box for 2 12" subs and have then downfiring, they load off the floor for a harder hit, just had to take out the jack, 50" across box.  sounds awesome.  but try a yard to see if they have anything you could use hten it will be the same deal that you are looking for, but shave the backing off to make it thinner and more pliable. let me know if that helps.
joyrydn, can you post up a few pics of your box for 2 12s? What 12's are you running?
Did you have to do a seat lift?
I have a friend that wants me to make a box for his ex cab f-150.
joyrydn 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
ya i can do that, im working on my headliner right now but i have to take pics of that anyway andi will post those as well. yes i have the seperate 2 seat lifts and the box is notched around that. so hopefully tonight or tomorrow afternoon i will have those pics up.
Make it Euro'n!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic