icon

2005 jeep liberty, tb350

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmroussel 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Could a key in a TB350 could affect the proper function of the transponder module of this vehicle. This system has been working fine for one yeay until one morning the "check engine soon" light came on and the local Jeep dealer blamed this on the remote starter. He said that the "ring" from the TB350 had burnt the transponder module.  The vehicle still started ok with both keys & with rs. The customer had to pay over 200.00 to get his vehicle back which is still under warranty. Does anyone had similar experiences with dishonest dealers?
j-marc
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

My brain tells me NO WAY. It's not connected to the factory transpoder in any way. As you stated..... it's just a ring.

I call BS. If the key in the box could do some damage.... one would think the key itself could do the same damage.

racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, this is a proof misknowledge can be more dangerous then stupidity.

This can become really embarassing for Jeep as their mechanic is now telling loud and clear their vehicles components can burn due to a loose piece of wire left in the vehicle. Not bad, a little passive something not even connected to anything can burn something else.

Ho yes, there's a key in the box; aren't we using Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler keys in these universal boxes? OK the OEM key decided to kick the crap out of the truck because it was jailed in a box.

What kind of explanation can they give to a stupid diagnostic like this one. Deep inside you know they are wrong "Check engine light " is used for engine performance antipollution related problems not for immo. 

Ha also, how did the customer drove his vehicle there if the immobilizer was burnt?

Immobilizer burnt = immobilized vehicle; isn't it the purpose ?

Immobilizer status is given only by the immobilizer light; If the immo is burnt the immo light will start blinking everytime the ignition will be cycled ON and the vehicle will refuse to start.

The customer never complained about a constantly flashing Red LED in the cluster and a vehicle stucked 1000 miles away in the wood?

Anyway, it just doesn't make sense, they are trying to scam you and your customer. If your customer's a real guy who stands up when its time, he should force them to appologies to you and him because of their condescendence and misrespect.

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

OK the OEM key decided to kick the crap out of the truck because it was jailed in a box.

This is killer..... 2005 jeep liberty, tb350 -- posted image.

jmroussel 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

Wow!  This is the kind of tool my customer will need to confront the stupidity of both the technicien and the service manager of that Jeep dealer. Thank you racing _bidule for reassuring me.

Just imagine that I would have  had installed an ADS TBSL C2 instead, (we were still using TB350 with key then) the service manager would have had more reasons to blame the problem on us because we are tapping the transponder wires. I think that their mecanic is trying to put the blame on anything after-market on the vehicle so they could claim that part on another vehicle under warranty (double dipping).

Chrysler products are knowned to have defective ignition switches but they do not want to admit it. Many customers had these changed but if there was a remote starter they would blame it on that.

Thanks again for your expertise,

j-marc
jmroussel 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

I forgot something racing_bidule,

Would there be a canadian consumer protection like the Quebec " Proteger vous" that would quote that the car dealers cannot void the warranty on a vehicle that had an alarm, remote starter or a starter kill installed. The dealer have to proove that this device had damaged the vehicle. I got the french version of pv but I would like to have a canadian english version for my english speaking customers.

j-marc
jmroussel 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
As you can see KarTuneMan the dealers are inventing all kind of bs to get extra $$$ from after-market installers and their own customers.
j-marc
KarTuneMan 
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

j-marc, we have the same doodiee in the states too. the dealers will blame ANY problem on any aftermarket part. even if it's not really related.

they look for an easy way out, and a quick diagnostic dollar.

racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
jmroussel wrote:

Would there be a canadian consumer protection like the Quebec " Proteger vous" that would quote that the car dealers cannot void the warranty on a vehicle that had an alarm, remote starter or a starter kill installed. The dealer have to proove that this device had damaged the vehicle. I got the french version of pv but I would like to have a canadian english version for my english speaking customers.

Here you go!

http://www.astroflex.com/modules/AxialRealisation/img_repository/files/documents/Magnuson-Moss_FTC_Warranty_Act_B.pdf

it's called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
jmroussel 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
racing_bidule wrote:
jmroussel wrote:

Here you go!

http://www.astroflex.com/modules/AxialRealisation/img_repository/files/documents/Magnuson-Moss_FTC_Warranty_Act_B.pdf

it's called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

j-marc
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic