the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

530t rollup issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  

Ok I'm installing 2 530T modules along with a 529T module in my 02 Acura TL.  The alarm brain controling it is a Compustar 3000M brain.  I am using the 2 aux outputs to control the rolldown and vent features and that part is working fine.  However the rollup upon alarm won't work.  And the really odd thing is that it rolls my windows up when the ignition is turned off.  I used the purple wire that triggers the starter kill relay as my source. As one attempted fix, I added a diode to the purple wire to prevent any ground signal from the starter relay getting to the window modules. But that didn't work. I did test the starter kill to make sure the diode was installed the right direction. I tested all the wires at the modules and they are all reading like they should. I even tried directly shorting the orange wire to ground to see if that would trigger the module which it didn't. I know dip switch 5 is correct since the venting/rolldown is working fine. Finally I grabbed a new 530T module to make sure it wasn't defective product and had the same results with the new module.

I think the solution will be to use the factory alarm arm output to trigger the modules. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of why the purple wire isn't working correctly.

racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

I posted you an answer on another forum but it's down at the time... :)

the problem you have is probably generated from your Aux-2 used for roll down as it may be programmed to be latched.

If it stays latched it will block the roll up functionnality as roll down have priority...

Try to disconnect the two aux wires from the RED / White and see if the roll up works.

Reason why it rolls up upon ignition OFF is maybe due to the remote starter resetting its Aux output to avoid draining the battery from a forgiven activated aux.

You will probably have to program your aux for a 3 seconds pulse instead of latch.

Wish it will help you!

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
Steven Kephart 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
Aux 2 is programmed for a 4 second output while Aux 1 is programmed for a pulse.  Both have been verified with a meter.
racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

Does the electric windows work as expected when you operate them from the doors switches?

If no, could it be the polarity dipswitch setting?

If yes, try to put diodes on the wires from the windows switches.

Why I recommend to try this... If you are set to receive (-) triggers and the windows switches are sending back 12v at rest when the ignition is ON and refers back to ground when you turn the ignition OFF, it can be considered as a trigger for your 530T.

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
Steven Kephart 
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

The window switches work just fine, including soft touch.

I made sure the polarity dip switch was in the correct position.  Since the aux outputs are working correctly I know it is being activated by a ground trigger.

The vehicle uses a type A window circuit which rests at ground.

davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:

I made sure the polarity dip switch was in the correct position.  Since the aux outputs are working correctly I know it is being activated by a ground trigger.

i have had those moduals do wacky* things when they are starving for power i usually run at the least 10 guage power/ground to them and make sure my ground is secured to a good point inside the car(not the door).  also if your not going directly to each window try doing that going to the switch sometimes creates wacky* crap to happen

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
i got the windows as REV polarity. Which wires did u tap into ?
Steven Kephart 
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
davngr wrote:
Steven Kephart wrote:

I made sure the polarity dip switch was in the correct position. Since the aux outputs are working correctly I know it is being activated by a ground trigger.

i have had those moduals do wacky* things when they are starving for power i usually run at the least 10 guage power/ground to them and make sure my ground is secured to a good point inside the car(not the door). also if your not going directly to each window try doing that going to the switch sometimes creates wacky* crap to happen

Yeah, I've heard that too. So I soldered all my connections. For ground I connected all the purple and ground wires to an 8 awg wire and attached that to the main dash brace. For power I ran an 8 awg wire directly to the battery. All the wires were extended from the module using 12 awg JL audio speaker wire.
Steven Kephart 
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
i got the windows as REV polarity. Which wires did u tap into ?
They were the ones Directechs specifies, and all were tested just to be sure. I found out Directechs had the right wires, but had them backwards for up/down. All wires were grabbed in each door at the window switches.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
so the windows are all good to go now or stll having trouble?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic