icon

headrest monitor poor video w/engine run

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbmg809 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2001 navigator with a valor dts 603w head unit.Back up camera,sat radio,dvd,ipod,am fm.Everything works beautiful. I installed 2- 6" headrest monitors and cannot get a clear picture when the engine is running.Its fine when the ignition is in accessory or on position,but when I start it up, I get wavy lines on both monitors. I grounded, and powered  the monitors to the same wire harness in the dash behind the head unit. The head unit has 2  rear video outputs where I attached the monitors to with standard rca cables.One to each monitor.When I play the head unit dvd player, it is crystal clear.Do I need a video amp? Did I ground or power it wrong? Do I need better cables?  Thanks Much Sal.
sal
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
well it sounds like you r getting enigine noise from your  engine . what kind of rcas are you using
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
might try runnning a clean power source from the battery (fused). can also try a power noise filter. some video amps filter power/ground as well as amplifi video if you have acces to one of these, it might do the trick.
life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
mbmg809 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  

The basic video rcas from radio shack...Should I get different cables?.Is there some kind of filter that can help me with the engine noise? Thanks Sal.

sal
mbmg809 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Great!! Ill try that out and see what I get. Thanks...
sal
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
I would say a real ground point not at the radio but in the kick panel or at the bolts that hold the dash support. Should be about a 13 mm head accessed through side panel that pops off normally on Ford and Lincoln SUV's and trucks. I use these a lot and have had good luck so far.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic