icon

problems with crimestopper 2014tw

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pro17 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
hello everyone. has anybody had an issue where the r/s unit would not want to work properly during the night? I have a car with a crimestopper 2014TW. So the unit works fine during the day. But at night it doesnt want to work properly. it will not start the vehicle and the alarm will go off. And the customer says that he cant disarm the unit for some time. I have no idea what could be the problem. any ideas would help. thanks
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Well lets see... During the day its warmer thus making it easier to start the vehicle. During the night, the car will need to crank longer in order to start. If the Remote start is not programmed correctly or if the tach wire is not connected, then theres the problem. With my remote start unit, I have the tach wire connected. With it connected, the remote start will crank the starter until the tach wire senses the car was started. But this also needs to be programed. If the wire is not connected, then the remote start will use tachless mode which checks the voltage change BUT this is not reliable at all on newer vehicles.
pro17 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
I understand that part. But the problem is that the unit will not do anything at all during the night. it will not respond to any command from the remote. The system remains armed but when the customer needs to get in his car, the unit wont disarm when commanded to. its very awkward.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

so you are saying that the Crimestopper brain will not respond at all at night.  Arm/Disarm and remote start won't work?

Is it just the remote start?  If so, what year/make of car is it in?

Did you hook up the Tach wire when you installed it? if so where(color and location)?

Is it happening with both remotes?(Sidekick and 2-way)

Has he tried changing the batteries in the remotes yet?

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure the antenna is plugged in all the way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic