icon

sion xb 06 domelight supervision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mujibar 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I did not look at wiring diagram before I started so I SCREWED up what I need to know is how bad. I took a volt meter and read 12 from domelight conector so I assumed I could just paralle them to my other light well I found out the hard way that 1 contact is 11.7 volts and the other is 4.7 volts. As you have guessed the dome light no longer works on door but works fine on ON. I know I put a groung on the door wire but where does that go? I know the fuse isn't blown cuse two on the 20 leds in the dome light come on low. I checked the keyfob and the locks are still working fine.
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

can you elabotare a bit more? I dont understand. Are you just installing an additional light made up of LED's? Also, when you are measuring with the meter, are you measuring each terminal to ground or across the light? Is the light on or off when you are taking measurements? It almost sounds like you have wired the 2 lights in series. Because of the characteristics of an LED, they will have there own voltage drop across them. for example, 1 LED in series with your light may have as much as 2 volts across it. this will only leave 10V for the other light. if you have 6 LED's in series, this will take 12V and so on...current will always be same thru each component in a series circuit, but the voltage will be divided accordingly.

Wow, I hope I remembered that correctly, its been a while since I regurgitated theory. Someone please correct me if I am wrong

mujibar 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I took gnd and put on the red with yellow strip that goes to pin 4 on the 26 wire thingy under the dask next to center console. I read the door open on blue 12 on RED / yelloew strip 4.7 with door closed blue reads 12 and red with yellow strip reads 0

sion xb 06 domelight supervision -- posted image.

jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
I am still not sure what you are trying to do. This may help. The door pin trigger (neg.) is a RED / white wire on a 9 pin plug on the upper left of the fusebox.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic