icon

possible to make a sealed box ported

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
"improperly tuned box" is an earlier post in which Stevdart and DYohn do a great job explaining the facts about design and tuning.
"Find out what those subs need for ported space and design a box" do the Sony's even work in a ported box? Fatboybuick isn't happy, maybe he needs to adjust the chamber volume and keep things sealed? Sony doesn't bother with a manual. In 20+ years, my experience dealing with Sony has been that of misery. Both Professional and Consumer Gear.
"Every measurement has to be correct". You can be off + or - 10% and not hear the difference either sealed or ported. Find the parameters, plug the numbers into LEAP, Bass Box, WinISD and play with the numbers until you 1. find a box that fits 2. find the type of box that best matches your drivers 3. matches your choice of music.
There is nothing wrong with a sealed box when it is well constructed and the correct volume. Most Sony dealers today aren't qualifed to give you the support. Lets us know what info you find.
fatboybuick 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks much for all the help, I'm not usually a sony fan but I caught them on a really good deal, and I already had the box and I wanted to see if it was possible to port it, I normally like deep bass, but I can't seem to get them to get low.  I have to check to see what size they need and then measure the box to see if it's a match.  thanks
fatboybuick
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic