icon

need reliable sensors.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

I ordered  some sensors, most of which i am having problems figuring out for to use. The only one I ordered that I totally understand and have tested it and works is the tilt sensor. I am not sure what brand it is but its a small clear rectangular box. Another sensor I bought was a glass sensor which i got from Asianwolf. I cant get that thing to work correctly. Another one I got from asianwolf was their dual stage microwave sensor. No matter how I set it, the green led always blinks, no matter if its set to max or min sensitivity. The last sensor I ordered was an ultrasonic air pressure sensor. Heres a picture of that sensor:

need reliable sensors. -- posted image.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

All of my testing has been done without connecting the trigger wire, but rather just focusing on when their led's flash. I wanted to know what are the most reliable and easiest sensor's and brands to set up. I want to have either a glass break sensor or microwave, but both if I could. The air pressure sensor would basically be for my trunk. I just want sensors that are wired up and easy to adjust. Any ideas?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
how many sensors you got so far? connecting too many to an alarm will eventually burn its output and the zone will be duplicated for sure. i have used extra DEI sensors and they are easy to hook up. 4 wires and never had problems with them.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
All these sensors will be powered off a constant power, not the brains power. The only thing these sensors will have connected to the brain will be the trigger input.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know any brands and model numbers of sensors that are very easy to install/adjust? Ill give you an example: If I was to get a glass sensor, I would install it and simply adjust it by hitting something on the windshield and adjust as so. The glass sensor I bought is made by scytek. It has a red LED that is lit only when the sensor is triggered. What I did was hook the power and ground wires to the battery. I left the trigger input alone. I set the sensitivity to max and hit a wrench on the glass. The LED didnt light up at all. I have to hit the glass a certain way plus have the sensor right next to the impact point in order for the LED to blink and even that doesnt happen all the time. My microwave sensor is also a Scytek. It is a dual stage inerior/exterior one. First off the little red and green turn knobs broke so now I have to use a tiny screwdriverto turn them. Anyways, when I tested this sensor, I hooked it up the same way as the other one. I left both trigger wires alone. When I tested it, the green LED would constantly flash. I went and turned both sensitivities down to minimal and the green LED still flashed. Then I would walk away (about 20 feet) only to see the light still flashing. Also, no matter what I do, I cant seem to get the red LED to light up at all. Even when I touch the trigger to a ground (battery's) it doesnt light up.

I simply want a very easy and reliable sensor that once installed can be adjusted simply by walking by the car or hitting the glass.  The shock sensor that came with my car is very easy to adjust. I simply turn the knob to where I think it should be, arm my car, and hit the car. If the alarm doesnt chirp, then I need to turn it up more. But these sensors I just mentioned for some reason arent working that way.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

I've never used a glass sensor in my life....never had a request, or the want to have one on my own vehicle. I have used multiple microwave sensors before, and can tell you , they get old quickly....especially if you have any cats, or trees around your car. The DEI 508d worked alright, and was fairly easy to adjust....but sensitivity will vary depending on weather conditions ,but I removed it do to the reasons above. I think i'm gonna put it back in, but use it to trigger my window mods.....DEI also has a glass breakage sensor you might wanna try. Both sensors are in the link below. IMO....if you have your shock sensor set correctly, and have all entry points protected.....there really isn't a need for either.

http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/cat_i511_sensors--triggers--and-relays.html

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok well heres the problem dealing with my shock sensor. The thing is way too touchy. For instance, I can have it set too high and the train will set it off. I can have it set too low and kick the door and nothing will happen. It falsed way too many times. So what I did was cut the full trigger wire so now it only gives warning chirps. So now that basically only shows that I have an alarm and people think that since it chirped, it will set off the alarm as well. But I wanted the microwave sensor just in case plus the glass break if someone were to smash my window. Just give me some ideas on what I can do. Thank you.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

First......get the shock sensor working correctly..you might have to relocate it. You might have to buy a new one, but that should be the center point of the security system. Then, if you want extra sensors, i would check that link I gave you.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks alot. Oh another thing.. I heard somewhere that dei sensors have something in them that other brands dont. Something to do with the triggering. Know anything about that?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Ok mikvot, I went to that website which I remember being on before and I saw some stuff Id like to ask you about. I saw the DEI 500T motion detector. Is that just motion inside the car or would that work for someone looking in the car? I also saw the 508D, which does independent interior and exterior. Would that work better than the 508D? I want something that will give pre warn if someone looks in my car, but give full alarm if someone gets in my car. I also saw the Omega AU94TM which is also an  interior/exterior. And last, which glass break sensor would be the best, from that site atleast?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic