icon

vr 3 back up camera

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
donerite 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 12:38 AM » vr 3 back up camera -- posted image. vr 3 back up camera -- posted image.

well it has being a while and the camera was working good other then the static due to wireless ( I think) .
But camera stop working know and was blowing the cargo light fuse ( due to that was where it was connected to with the relay like it said in the past posts .
When i check out what the problem was . I found the the wire coming from the camera ( not monitor ) had melt at the spot where there was a plug ( ithink the plug was used to conect the monitor hard wire ) the wire and plug melted and then touch meltal . Now the relay i had put in was attched beside the cargo bulb . The wires melted 4 feet away at the point where there was a splice . The splice was taped but not solder . I wonder why it lasted for a month with know problems? I would leave the monitor , camera on alot when im driving . Never seem to have a problem . Could camera draw to much power ? Is there a better relay ? Are these vr-3 not ment to be on all for long perids of time? I sure mist the camera now . Hope someone can share some light on this.
Ps I never had the plug hooked up but I did not tape it up and snow and water might of got in the hole ? I might of answered my question .
vr 3 back up camera -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
Resistance = Heat.  Bad Connections = Resistance.     The unsoldered connection is probably the source of your troubles.  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic