icon

bypass kits extra features

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  

First off,  I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but i searched for many hours and couldn't find anything.

Anyhow, at ifar.ca they have many bypass kits available - I have bought a couple and have used them in conjunction with aftermarket alarm systems - in order to remote start cars that need these.

I have understand that part of it.  The units are needed to copy the information from our OEM keys to "BYPASS" the security.  My question is: how do i take advantage of all the other functions these kits can do?

here is an example: https://ifar.ca/en/products/can_bus_kits/duo-can-2/

this product has check marks on "Door lock, Door Trigger, Alarm Disarm, Alarm Arm, Trunk Release, etc.."  Does this mean that this unit can do all that as well? If so, does that mean that i dont have to buy an aftermarket alarm system to use in conjunction with this?  These kits never come with a remote so i never knew what all these other things are for.

I usually use the aftermarket alarm i buy to hookup to all the extra features like "Door lock, unlock, trunk open, triggers" and tie it into the bypass to allow for remote start.  If i could somehow use these ifar.ca units to do everything, where could i get the remote for them?

Or maybe they are tied into your original key fob?  If so, how do i program the key fob to activate features on the Bypass kit?

As i said, it probably sounds like a really stupid question but after hours of searching, i give up and just hope that someone can help :)

Thanks in advance!

perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
The systems that control the extra features are datbus systems. Meaning they tap into the data wire in the vehicle and can therefore control a bunch of different features. You just have to hook up the lock/unlock(or an other feature) from the alarm/starter to the input on the bypass. Idatalink makes mods for just about any car and you can access their instructions on the website so you can get a idea of how they work. Idatalink
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
Just what perly said.
The module has, for example, a wire that makes a ground whenever any door is open.
You would connect your alarm's door trigger to the module, which saves you the labor of running your wire to the car's domelight, or catching all four separate doorpin wires and using diodes.........just one wire from your remote start, to one wire on the module, and that's it.
I've found that on the CAN-SL2, the tach output doesn't work reliably, at least with Audiovox product. If you do use their tach output, I'd remote start the car maybe 10 times before letting it go, to make sure it's working right.
You can read other install manuals at:
www.idatalink.com and www.xpressdownload.com
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
WOW! That is amazing! all this time i keep looking around for those extra wires from within the car.
I'm glad to have found this out. It should make my installs a hell of a lot easier!
Thanks!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
remember, not all cars are compatable with DATA kits.
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you. I will make sure i read the manual carefully before i try it out.
Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic