the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

00 subaru outback vss exact location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have the vss wire color and exact location for a 2000 Subaru Outback.I got one info that said GREEN/ black behind glove box at ECM or harness at fire wall in passenger kick panel.There is no ECM at this location,just keyless module.
Iam installing a Pioneer D/D avic D3.Thanks
Any info will be much appreciated.
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

wish i could help.. i heard that pioneer tech support is pretty friendly though..... they may have the info u seek.....

there can be only one.......
desh187 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
No luck with Pioneer either,they told me to try a shop manual .
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

u really don't need vss to make the d3 work..... most of the time due to the built in gyro... your position and routing info will be pretty dead on..... u gotta remember.... government satellites are very powerful... how else did we find saddam in a spider hole...lmao.....

there can be only one.......
desh187 
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
Yes you are right,i left the VSS wire unhooked until i did find the correct wire and everything is working fine even the built in speedometer/compass.
Thanks.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

Here ya go:

VSS WIRE GREEN/ black Pin-24 on ECM behind glovebox    

lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

I believe you already have this all set but I figured I would add in case someone in the future has the same problem.

I did a 04 STI for nav and it was the same color wire so I believe it may be the same here. I think the module where the wire is is really under the glove box, under the carpet of the pass foot area. I just ended up getting the wire in the gauge cluster, just be sure that it is the wire because I was told that they are very sensitive and fry very easily.

Jonathan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic