icon

alpine tme m740bt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kitt350 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
This if for anyone that has one of these monitors or has delt with these monitors.  I seen in the instructions that for install that it has a wire to be hooked up to the foot brake and one for the parking brake.  I am curious to know if these wires just need to be grounded like some monitors do even though they say to be hooked up to the parking break for them to work.  Any help from anyone on this is greatly appreciated.  I dont have the monitor yet but it is coming.  Just wanting a little heads up on this part of the installation.  The rest of the installation is a piece of cake so I am not conserned about that part just the parking brake and foot brake wires.  Thanks for the help.
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
ahh yess... the vintage alpine video lock.... yeah... the foot brake wire must see 12V while the parking brake wire must see a ground in order to engage video....... u can use a couple of toggle switches or push buttons to simulate this action... or u could use a pac relay tr-7 to do it automatically when u get in the car...... hope this helps..... lemme know...
there can be only one.......
kitt350 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Okay if the foot break needs to see 12v power and the hand brake needs to see ground why couldnt you just hook the hand brake up to a ground and the foot break to the switched 12v source that when you turn the car on it sees the 12v.  Wouldnt this work or is there a special sequence that needs to happen to get this to work like pushing the foot break then pulling the hand brake then releasing the foot break for it to work?  I know alpine has a goofy setup on getting past the parking break just need to know how to set it up to get it to work.  Thanks for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic