icon

jeep transponder bypass and interfaces

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lubrano 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I aminstalling a remote stater in my 2004 Jeep grand overland and the bypasses and interfaces have me confused.  I have here in my hand 555c and a 455j.  Buut now peple are telling me to get a xk01 or a xk03 or xk531 or xk510 or xk530?  I am confused.  I understand what I have is two pieces while these do the same with one but is that the only difference??  Please someone explain the difference and should I sell my parts and get one of these?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

1 piece is alway easier to install than 2... don't ya think?

If you are comfortable with the products you have, and believe  in your ability to install them.... get er done.jeep transponder bypass and interfaces -- posted image.

installmarc 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
you could also use a jdl-pk.  One piece that will do both the door locks and transponder
Memphisman 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Iuse the JDL-PK. Works every time.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, that's the only difference, that the other products have both things in one unit.
What you already have will work fine.
455J is very reliable, has no known issues, is easy to install, and comes with good instructions.
555C is easy to wire up and program (you do have two keys for your Jeep, right?). The little pellet is kinda stupid, and will cause lots of frustration if you haven't used one before.
Just allow yourself some extra time, to experiment with different placement of that pellet close to the car's ignition cylinder, to get it to work consistently.
Inside the part of the shrink tubing that's hard, There's the transponder pellet, and you can put a zip tie around there tightly, to hold it in place.
However, inside the part of the shrink tubing that's soft, there are two tiny, fragile solder connections, and if you put a zip tie tightly around there, the connections will break. You can cut open the shrink tubing with a razor and re-solder the wires, but it's a pain. So try not to clamp that part down too tightly.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic