icon

back seat amp, 2002 chrysler 300m

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loud02special 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, been doing some research and lurking in here for a while trying to soak up some knowledge.

Relative system basics - Kicker ZX1000.1, Kicker ZX350.4, Ground dist. block, Power dist. block, 2 Boston Acoustics G512 subs in separate 1 cu. ft. enclosures facing backwards in the trunk

Car - 2002 Chrysler 300M Special

What I'm looking to do is fairly basic, but I've never worked with f/g before, and I like to research anything I've never done before extensively so I get it right the first time.  What I want to do is build a base out of 3/8" MDF, build a surround around each amp, and then lay glass over it, leaving an opening for each amp, and room at the base of each seat back to accomodate all of the wires.  Power wire for the ZX1000 is 1/0 Ultra-Flex Welder's supply cable.  8 ga. for the ZX350.4.  The wire will run directly down and be secured to the frame of the back seat, and then ran into the dist. blocks which will be hidden behind factory carpeting.  Finish over this project will be charcoal suede.  So, I guess my question is, since this isn't really a sub enclosure, how thick should I lay the mat, and what supplies will be needed?  I have until July to complete this project, which is when the car will be entered in the Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals.  Thanks in advance for any and all assistance/comments/direction.

-Derek

2002 Chrysler 300M Special
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Are you talking about basically making an amp rack?
Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
if your making an amp rack you dont have to use many layers as long as your just making a fiberglass cover board. if your making the whole thing out of fiberglass and you need it to support your amps then it will need to be pretty sturdy. use some plexi and neon if your just going to wrap it in suede to really make it stand out.back seat amp, 2002 chrysler 300m -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic