icon

first fiberglass project in altima coupe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
norris04 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
I'm getting ready to conduct my first fiberglass project in my 08 altima coupe. I want to make a fiberglass enclousure on both side of my trunk. Is someone on houston that could help me out!!
Norris04
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
Look for Roger Hill at the Acoustic Edge School over on Wells Fargo Drive. He might be able to help you out
Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
joyrydn 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
anything worth trying in ur car is worth trying urself. its cheaper.  foil off the areas that you will be glassin and fg them and build a face for the boxes out of mdf, then pull them out and fiberglass the insides to get ur thickness, then fiberglass the faces to get the shape you want and go from there. this is actually an easier project than you think, we are all here to walk you through it so hang in there. plus u have bragging rights then. post some pics of the trunk and we can help, if you hurry and get me some pics i will draw up  something for ya to try. if you r interested
Make it Euro'n!!!
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
I will agree with joyrydn about doing it yourself, but its up to you. Fiberglassing is a art of sorts, and can take some time to master it, But in the end you can be like, hey...i made that :P Here is a great link on making your own fiberglass project. Good luck with your install.
rtfm
force 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2008 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
I agree that the best way to learn is to do. Youll make mistakes thats for sure. But if you do it yourself youll have a greater feeling of satisfaction when your done. try it out learn from your mistakes and change em the next time. Glass AWAY
norris04 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2008 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
I'll be sure to do that
Norris04

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic