icon

2005 toyota corolla, hid kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slipone 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2008 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
My buddy asked me about installing a Xentec 10000k HID Kit into his 2005 Toyota Corolla. The harness with the ballast is plug and play for 9006 bulbs. He said they weren't working for a reason i forgot. SO he tried to run seperate power from the battery by using a 12v SPDT Relay. But he said that the power for the headlights reads 10v. Something to do with the Daytime Running Lights preventing the HIDs to work. I am unsure unless i check it out myself but i cant. I just want to know if anyone knows of a similar problem with this car so i can relay the info to him.
If not, how would i disable the daytime running lights without the battery light or check engine light activating?
Thank you and sorry for the lack of information. Any feedback on this issue would be appreciated.
Proudly stuffing large packages into small boxes since 1983.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 22, 2008 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
Pull fuse # 31 in the fuse box. This will prevent the DRL from coming on!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic