icon

valet 712t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
felixunger 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
Ihave installed a valet 712t on my 1998 buick lesabre and have hooked up the progressive locking where you unlock once for the driver door and twice for all other doors, but have a few problems 1. The install guide tells you that you press the unlock once for the drivers doors and within 3 seconds press the unlock for the rest of the doors, mine works that way ,but i can wait forever in between the first and second unlock press and it still opens the other doors, I have wired this without a relay and with a relay and it still works the same,I have not tried the directed 451m relay could that be the problem?  2. It is programmed to lock and unlock with the key ignition, the lock feature works fine but the unlock only unlocks the drinvers doors when you turn off the key, once in a while after it unlocks the driver door with the key off, a second later it will unlock the other doors, but it doesnt happen all the time. How can I make it unlock all doors when you turn off the key, once again is it because I dont have the 451m relay or is this something i have to configure in the programming setting, looking for any kind of help.
lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  

The 712t's have a 451m built into them. The manual says that you can press the unlock within 15 seconds to unlock all other doors. Unfortunately the manual on the site here https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=712t

Is missing pages 10 and 11. Unfortunately that is where they go over the programming options, but I don’t remember seeing any options that may fix your problem. All I can say is make sure you have the correct wires and make sure they are good connections.

Jonathan

felixunger 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
I have hooked up the wires acording to the diagrams I found here and soldered all connections. Does anyone know what makes the system work with the 10 seconds in between unlocks, because like I said I can open the driver door with one press then come back three hours later and it will still open the passenger doors with another press of the unlock button. Just wondering if the valet 712t decides the 10 seconds in between unlocks or something in the car like the bcm, I figure if I could get this fixed right maybe all the doors will open when I turn back the key instead of the driver door, then all other doors, by the way my 1998 buick lesabre never had a factory keyless entry in it maybe that is why it works this way. Is there any techs out there that might have an answer to fix this problem?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic