icon

99 grand prix door lock, trigger problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zander8611 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, Flamesuit on... I've never wired an alarm before, but I was helping my girlfriend wire in her Hornet 564T. I've tried searching the topic but haven't found anything informative on what I need to know!

After a couple of days on and off fighting with it, I got the remote start to work no problem, along with the arm/disarm functions, and have a relay pulsing the disarm signal yadda yadda.

I have two MAJOR problems however. First, the door triggers, I've looked at all the wiring diagrams, and read through a bunch of posts supplied by this site, and check the GP forums, but WHERE in the drivers kick am I grabbing the door trigger from on the tan wire?! There's like 4 Tan wires of various gauges running in the bottom of the kick, any idea what gauge on I'm supposed to be grabbing? Normally I'd just look off the door jamb switch, but the switch is inside the latch! I've got everything diode isolated, and wired up to what I THOUGHT was the right wires (I also used the D. Blue in the pass Kick to catch all other doors).

Second Question,

The alarm won't lock/unlock the wires, I thought I had the right wires... I looked above the kick (and right above the ebrake) and found the relays which I believed to be for the door locks, seems like they're not though! lol. Whereabouts exactly are these wires? Am I catching them off the same module as the factory disarm wire?

Sorry for all the questions guys, I'm a noob and was originally only planning on putting my alarm on my base model cav w/ aftermarket acuators... a lot easier! But then my gf and her grand prix... lol.

zander8611 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2008 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

I don't see an edit button, but you can ignore the 2nd part of my question for the lock/unlock wires... I found this http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/Images.asp?ImageID=226&link=BULLDOG

that cleared it up A LOT for me... still neep help on the triggers though!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
You definitely should be testing wires, not just hooking up to them because they seem like the right color.
Also, that same module (The BCM, Body Control Module) should have the door triggers in it.
If I'm remembering right, there's a blue and a blue/white. I think one reads the driver's door, and the other wire gets the other door(s).
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

the DRIVERS DOOR wire is a TAN (-) in the DRIVERS KICK PANEL and the DARK BLUE (-) is for all other doors, and is in the PASSENGER KICK PANEL. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM, use both DOOR TRIGGER wires and DIODE ISOLATE, to connect. Here is a Diagram.....

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/840_GRAND-PRIX_(-)%20NEGATIVE%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION%20CIRCUIT.pdf 

I hope this helps, If it doesn't, check out  www.bulldogsecurity.com   click on the Vehicle Wiring Diagrams Page.

Hope this helps!

The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
gp.pdf  This should tell you what you need to know.
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
did u get it figgured out
The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic