icon

clifford concept 500 uk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cswminty 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

Has anyone got or fitted a Clifford Concept 500 G4 at all please?

Do you have the warn away feature from a proximity sensor with your alarm, i'm trying to fit one at the moment, but i cant get it to 'warn away' Chirp.

I have had it on a Concept 600 system but i'm not sure if it is possible on a 500.

does anyone know either way, to put me out of my misery.

Thanks

Chris. 

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it had the dual zone prox and a glass break, don't use the glass break bec ause the outer zone warning on the prox will set off the glass break.
cswminty 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Did you wire yours in ? if so do you mind telling me how you wired the proximity sensor please.

I haev a Tilt sensor plugged into the plug from the Brain and a spare plug with x3 wires blue/white, Black(earth), Red (12v) and the glass sensor tapped into the tilt sensor wires.

How should the Proximity Green & Blue be wired in order for it to chirp?

Thanks

Chris.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Its loom is prewired on to the main loom from your questions I'd guess you're either missing the unit or the loom and I'd have it fitted professionally.
cswminty 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
is yours definately a 500 not a 600 ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2008 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
I don't own one I install them and the 500 has been out of production since 2004. The 600 has a tilt sensor as well and if you need to ask these questions please have it professionally  installed because you are buying into an extremely complex alarm. You haven't even given us the coutesy of what make and model car its going in to.
cswminty 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2008 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  

coutesy?  if you mean courtesy, i dont see how the make and model of the car affects how to wire in the proximity sensor in?

I have had the 500 sitting in my garage for a cople of years and i now got the car to fit it into, it's all fitted without a problem, remote start, turbo timer, gsm pager sytem etc all fitted fine.

But the 508d that i brought to add to the alarm is not a direct plug in (or doesn't appear to be o a 500) I'm sorry for asking this question in an attempt to complete the install, but i fee lthat having done 99% of the install adding one more sensor shouldnt be a problem, but is proving to be frustrating.

It's all configured with Cliffnet too, that seems happy enough.

cswminty 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2008 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged  
PS> i dont like advertising what car i have, as it's not a Fiesta 1.1 or similar.
davesparkave 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
your alarm might have a warn away similar to my alarm..my warn away sets off the alarm but only for five horn honks,when its full alarmed it honks much longer than 5 times
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2008 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Your coments are fair, the dual zone you mentioned did not come with that alarm its a DEI not Clifford part, though it is compatible,the Clifford part would have been far smaller and labelled dual zone prox IV or similar  with three wires, red, black and WHITE/ blue. When set up remotely, it gave a high pitched "YIP" when lingering close to the car; this often sets off the glass breaker. If you must fit the other sensor, red to 12v+ green and blue joined to boot feed with diode separation and black to black, NB this configuration may not give you the outer zone "warn away". Also if you are setting up the R/S and its an Intellisensor IV, the Wiz software may well glitch.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic