icon

DEI 554T in a 89 Honda CRX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Vinguise 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
I just recently replace my AudioVox alarm with DEI 554T Hornet.I've hooked up dozens of alarm before, but this is my first remote starter in a five speed car. I'm having problems with the remote starter. It will not work. I hooked my tach wire to the RPM wire in my car. Should I do that or hooked it up to the Blue coil wire out of the distributor? I have a kill start relay hooked up, so the Purple wire is hooked up to the Starter side. My problem is with the ignition connection. On the steering column its label: Ignition, Ignition 2A, and Ignition 2B. Which one should I use? I have the Yellow wire (the ignition trigger wire) hooked up to the primary ignition which is the Black\Red wire. I have the Pink wire hooked up to the Ignition 2A, and the Pink\White hooked up to the Ignition 2B. Is that correct? I know I got the Accessory wire right. I bypass the Nuetral Safety wire. Where exactly is the Gear Select Switch, where I'm suppose to find the Green\White wire? How is this connection made? I have the hood pin added and the trunk wire hooked up, but it register that the trunk and hood are open. I bypass the two wires where there is no negative pulse going through it, but it still register as being open. The alarm is working fine except for the fact that it arms passively due to the register opened hood and trunk. Please help me! When I press remote start, the remote just beep its tone, nothing else happen.
kevindanielk 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2003 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

What is the model and year of your car?

Do any dash ignition lights come on when the remote start is trying to start,

and do the park lights flash once when you try to activate the remote start? 

bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  
Acording to this diagram your car only should only have one ign wire (BLACK / YELLOW ) in any case this should help.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1988-91&make=Honda&model=CRX&ID=17983&type=Alarm
And next time buy something other than DEI they are a pain in the #^@#$&. And if you run into a problem and try to reach them you better get a really comfortable chair for you will be on hold for a long time.
2vmodular 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
The hornet 554T is not compatible with manual transmission equipped vehicles.
Vinguise 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2003 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
The alarm is going in an 89 Honda CRX. I can bypass the clutch. I know I hooked up all the wire correctly now, but it registered as the hood and trunk as being open, even though I did not wire up the hood or the trunk wire. Therefore there is no negative signal, but it still registered as open. Not happen when I press the remote start, the remote just plays a tone and that's it. When I arm the alarm its arm passively, because it registered the hood and trunk as being open. Should I try reseting the remote to the trnasmitter again? I tried eveything. I don't know what is cause the registered open hood and trunk. Therefore the remote starter won't attempt to start.I hooked up the same system in a 92-95 Honda Civic and it works great, but when it comes to my car, this BS happens.  Please, please help me. I paid alot for this thing and I'm not a license installer, so the warranty is void.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic