icon

door locks, 07 honda pilot?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
okgearhead 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, great site! great info ! Have a request, I need to know if I can add auto locks to my 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L with factory alarm??? Thanks guys!
stzcole 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
You might need to clarify something. If the Pilot has a factory alarm, then shouldn't it have keyless entry already? Anyways yes you can and if it is just keyless entry or alarm, then no bypasses are needed.
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - George S. Patton
okgearhead 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
It does have a factory alarm, but it does not  lock the doors when you put it in gear,or when you let off the brake. You have to push the lock button to lock the doors.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
I don't think Honda offers that feature.
You could probably build or create something with relays, somehow.
If you're not handy with that sort of thing, it wouldn't be too expensive to add an aftermarket alarm to the factory remotes.
Then the new alarm could automatically lock the doors when you turn the ignition on, and/or unlock them when you turn the ignition off.
Something like the Audiovox Pursuit PRO-9233 (or last year's PRO-9232A, just about the same thing).
It would have features like starter kill, siren, shock sensor, flashing LED to mount in the dashboard................but if you have no interest in those feature, you wouldn't have to hook them up. You could just make the basic connections, and then enable the automatic doorlocks.
Something like that would probably be $200 or less installed. If you think you might want to do it yourself, you can look at the installation manual by doing this:
www.audiovox.com
Click on Customer Service, then Manuals.
Their search feature isn't well thought out. You can't use hypens or it won't work. Type in pro9232a or pro9232 or pro9233.
okgearhead 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2008 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I'm looking for a (-) trigger for adding auto locks to my 2007 hond pilot , I think I have everything else worked out.   Thanks Tim.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
They are in the passenger kick panel.
Power Unlock     GREEN/ RED     (-)     IN HARNESS NEAR VEHICLE FUSE PANEL IN PASSENGER KICK PANEL          
Power Lock     BLACK/ WHITE     (-)     IN HARNESS NEAR VEHICLE FUSE PANEL IN PASSENGER KICK PANEL
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not really sure of your question? Are you simply looking for the lock wire location?

LOCK BLACK/ orange Top center plug on pass. Side fusebox   - 
 UNLOCK Blue/orange Top center plug on pass. Side fusebox   - 

okgearhead 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys, I've got my all my connections but the trigger( input ) to the relay post 86, I'm using the three relay set-up for  adding auto locks.The relay on the left, (-) input (door trigger?).
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Could you please describe auto locks. And why 3 relays?

What product are you installing.

okgearhead 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
i'm using the '' add auto locks'' in the relay section. i have keyless and alarm, but no auto locks, so i am adding this feature. or wanting too.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic