icon

autopage rs 1000 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisneel 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, I just installed a RS-1000 in my 2001 Silverado with the GMBP.  Whenever I arm the system I get a "wrong tx/out of range" message, although it recognizes the remote and arms, but it sounds the siren immediately and locks the doors 4 times.  I did find out that if i remove the 15A fuse for the parking light relay then the problem goes away and the alarm works as advertised, remote starts and all, but of course I do not get parking light flashes.  Do you think the problem is in the brain, or is there something that i can do to rectify this or am I going to just have to live without parking light flashes? 

When the fuse is in, the parking lights do flash, so I know that I have the right wire for it, I'm using the brown wire in the lt-blue plug at the BCM.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

chrisneel 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
Update...  well I remote started my truck just fine before I left my house to come to work tonight.  And now it will not remote start.  The remote tells me it is going to start, and my heater comes on for about a second, I can hear a relay click inside the alarm module, but then it just stops when the alarm is disarmed.  But if its armed after it turns the heat on and then back off it triggers.  It still arms and disarms just fine with the remote though...  What do you guys think could be the problem?  I just spent the last 2 hours doublechecking my wiring, and everything is wired correctly and ohms out fine.  BTW I did solder all of my connections so I cant blame this on a t-tap or anything.
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

Check your ground  the ground wire on this units is very delicate and it breaks quite easily. Check the ground at the brain.  It sounds as if the unit is grounding through another wire.

ieSpell rocks.
chrisneel 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
What exactly would I need to to to check and see if its grounding out through another wire?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic