icon

viper 5900 with 4 sirens?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
matrixlu21 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

I've got a viper 5900 system and am thinking about installing 2 DEI 514 Sirens on the outside and 2 DEI 513T pain generators on the inside.

I would like to know whether installing all four sirens will be possible on the viper 5900?  If it is possible, how would I have it wired?  Some people are skeptical that having 2 DEI 514 Sirens will possibly short out the circuits/brain of the system.   Would the Viper 5900 be ab le to handle all 4 sirens?  thanks

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
if you are concerned I would run a relay to the two on outside and then a second relay for the interior ones using the orange ground while armed to the second relay's pin 85 and the siren output split between pin 86 of second relay and pin 86 of the first relay so you don't overload the alarm brain circuity.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
any more than 2 sirens i'd recommend a relay. to inform you, the two sirens are gonna be slightly off on their timing unless you cut the tone loop so they just sound the one tone
matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

thanks mates. 

one last thing.  how would wiring go for 5 sirens (an extra 514N for a total of 3 514N sirens and 2 513T pain generator)?  with relays?   Or would 5 sirens be pushing it?  i do not want to viper 5900 to fry.

thanks

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
the two relays should be enough but the more sirens you add the more voltage drain on your battery, however slight... will add up. I think the four would be enough in my opinion.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2008 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

another-kelly wrote:
any more than 2 sirens i'd recommend a relay. to inform you, the two sirens are gonna be slightly off on their timing unless you cut the tone loop so they just sound the one tone

if the tone loop was cut and only one tone played, would it be continuous noise or will there be  tone, silence, tone, silence, etc? 

also, it's possible to choose one of the six tones right? 

thanks

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
continuous. it'll only be the first tone of the six you hear when the alarm starts to go off
matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
is there a place online where i can listen to what all six tones sound like as the siren goes off?  thanks
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Easiest thing to do is to stuff a rag in the siren and wire it to a battery.  You can listen to the tones and the rag will muffle it from being so loud.  Red goes to 12v+ and black to ground(-).  If the siren is already on the car, just stuff a rag in it and set the alarm off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic