icon

4 tens and 1 amp what to do

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heu_duck 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have an audiobahn a2300hct and 4 mtx blue thunder legends i was woundering how i i would go about hooking them up to gether.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2008 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Link to the product pages and indicate the impedence on ur subs and maybe we could tell ya. . . .
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
heu_duck 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  

my bad i for got there 4 ohm lol

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't understand how to connect four 10 inch woofers to a single amplifier, perhaps you should be having somebody that DOES understand...
Seriously, a simple sub installation is one of the FIRST things you should be able to do, showing an understanding of Ohm's Law.
That amplifier CLAIMS to be bridgeable into 1 ohm, so a simple parallel connection of all four woofers will be "safe" (as I said - as CLAIMED by the Audiobomb website) and will in THEORY make 2400 watts - 600 watts for each woofer - over twice what they are rated.
Here are your options...
I wouldn't believe it though... Neither the Blue Thunders OR Audioburn are terribly respectable pieces of equipment.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
wow.....
there can be only one.......
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
heh, gotta love the bomb, whats that all fused at 30anl? lol
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

i just wanna say one thing on this.... that audiobahn amp IS 1-ohm stable... now whether or not it delivers on it's power rating in another story...

but i have worked with those amps and they aren't all bad... neither is any of the mtx stuff.. it's a reputable name.. u don't become one of the largest car audio companys in history by making bs product

if there is any good advice i can offer u is this..... there is a lotta hype in this industry.. but u know what... it's not what u got.. it's how it is being used that will determine the final outcome... people often make such a big deal outta high end stuff and flea market stuff.. listen... BUY WHAT YOUR MONEY CAN AFFORD!!! take it to a shop where the guys know what they are doin and pay them what they ask to get u rite.....

thats the best advice i could give anyone who like car audio as a hobby.... do your thang.. pay the haters no mind... just make sure U ARE HAPPY WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE...

i do agree with haemphyst about if u aren't sure of what u are doin.. consult some professionals........

there can be only one.......
heu_duck 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

no i was just woundering if i should go 2 per channel of all 4 to 1 i know i should of said that at the beging so i didnt sound like a pet monkey and by the way, i think i got what i paid for and then some b/c i got the amp and all four 10s for 350  would of been 5 10s but one had a hole in it

sound like a killer deal

Guy this isnt my first system, most of the ppl i know come to me to put they'er stuff in for them lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic