icon

identical batteries how important?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mazzasec 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
I was curious I was reading that its best to have 2 identical batteries same age as well. I was thinking though cause I got a killer deal on a bnib kinetik 2400 if it would be bad to parrlell it with a 1800? I wanna put an 1800 under my hood and the 2400 in the trunk. They both will be NEW brand new 1800 under the hood and brand new 2400 in the truck
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

(a)  When paralleling without isolaton:  battery type, age and condition should be considered higher priority than amperage capacity.  If the same diminishing load is placed equally upon both of them, regardless of respective capacity, they will each have to reload equal amounts.  Capacity, then, becomes a non-issue.

(b)  Connecting via isolator:  it doesn't matter anyway.

If your case is associated with (a) above, I would go with the deal and make it happen.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
so you are saying I SHOULD go with the 1800 up front and 2400 in the back?
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
Also so it would be better to run lets says a brand new kinetik hc800 and brand new kinetik 2400 as oppose to a used 1400 and brand new 2400?
stevdart 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
If I understand the difference in both of those battery pairs to be nothing other than amperage capacity, then I would answer those last two questions as:  1) yup, and 2) yup.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
Ok cool thanks for your help!
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
lol This is my last question also! I am reading that age and condition is a big concern. Are kinetiks g31 series batteries? Would it be okay to parrallel it with a deka intimidator d31? or possibly a optima yellow top g31 series?
stevdart 
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I don't know.  That's why I didn't answer on the first go 'round.  Did you check with the manufacturers in the meantime?
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
Ya ill check up on that and see what it says

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic