icon

equalizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sergeantnic 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

Some of you may have seen my posts about my Boat audio upgrade project.  Well, after the installation I wasn't too impressed with the sound I was getting from my subwoofer so I pulled the boat home this weekend and made some more adjustments to the amp. 

That got me to looking at wanting to buy an EQ.  My head unit only has 1 pair of RCA outputs so I loose any of my fading abilities because I'm splitting it off to a 4 channel amp and then from that to a mono amp.

I was looking at this Kenwood KGC-4042A EQ and wanted to know if anybody had any opinions.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=140&i=1134042A&tp=116

I like the fact that it has 3 pairs of RCA outputs with 2 of them being full range and fadable.  And a dedicated sub out.  I was going to buy a new Clarion head unit just to get the 3 rca outputs but this seems like a better choice.

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
just get a really nice headunit with all of the features already built in. Its one less thing to get wet in your boat. Just not a clarion, not near as good as they used to be.
rtfm
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2008 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
id buy a better head unit for around 150-200$ you can get a really decent unit these days.
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic