icon

jensen mp6211 harness pinout

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
I have a customer that has a jensen MP6211 and he pulled the ground wire out of the power plug. does anyone have a jensen laying around that can tell me where the ground wire goes in the plug? i would think most of the jensens would be the same. I only talked to this guy over the phone so i havent physically seen the plug to take an "educated" guess where it pulled out of.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

If there are 2 larger pins on the radio and one is where the yellow wire is connected, the other larger pin is ground.  If they are all the same size, and just to be on the safe side, use a ring terminal and attach the ground wire to the bolt on the back of the radio chassis.  The entire case of the radio is ground.  The ground pin in the plug is directly connected to the chassis of the radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic