icon

wiring 2 dvc's and 2 svc's to a 2ch amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremeimpala 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
I'm pickin up 2 kicker dvc COMPVX and I already have 2 kicker svc c12. All are 4ohm. I was wanting to know if it's possible to wire these all to a 2 channel amp efficiently??
Pioneer p500ub hu, 2 12"kicker 07c124's in a bandpass, soundstream vanquish 1200 amp, infinty kappa fronts, sony 6x9's in the rear.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

If you have the woofers and want to use them, well yes you can.  The mainstream will probably disagree with me.  To get the best results you will need a box with 4 seperate chambers.  The reason for the seperate chambers is the speakers are not going to move the same amount as the other set of speakers.  If you wire the voice coils of the dual voice coil speakers in series to make it an 8 ohm speaker.  Do the same to the other dvc speaker.  Place these speakers in the 2 outside chambers of the box.  Then place the svc speakers in the 2 middle chambers.  Parallel the dvc wired at 8 ohms along with the svc speaker. This will yield a 2.66 ohm load.  Wire the 2 left speakers to the left channel of the amp.  Wire the 2 right speakers to the right channel of the amp.  And remember everybody this is just a temporary setup untill he can get 4 of the same woofers.  When he does get them he will already have his box ready to go.  The mismatched speakers are just a temporary situation.  <<<  Legal Disclaimer.

xtremeimpala 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thats gonna be a task to build a four chamber box for the back if my car wiring 2 dvc's and 2 svc's to a 2ch amp -- posted image.  2 seperate boxes wouldn't do the trick? I have a sealed and a bandpass, both with 2 chambers. That would probably sound $hi**y though wouldn't it?  What's your personal opinion on the 12" kicker 06cvx's? If you have heard them in action by any chance.
Pioneer p500ub hu, 2 12"kicker 07c124's in a bandpass, soundstream vanquish 1200 amp, infinty kappa fronts, sony 6x9's in the rear.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

xtremeimpala wrote:
I have a sealed and a bandpass, both with 2 chambers. That would probably sound $hi**y though wouldn't it? 

Well, yeauhh!

i am an idiot provided you with a viable solution for a case where you want to make temporary use of two different sets of subs at once.  The box can certainly be two boxes, instead...but both hopefully sized properly for the given subs, and both boxes of the same type (leave bandpass out of the picture).  Both dual chambered, of course, and wired as was described above.  Just place them side by side.

If you are not in a situation where the advice will give you the temporary remedy it is intended to do, then you should slow down and rethink your long-range priorities for this sound system.

Buying on impulse can be a killer.  Is that what happened?

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
xtremeimpala 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Well.. I havent bought the new kickers yet. I really want too though, unless i can find somethin cheaper that is just as loud or louder.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic