icon

01 silverado a/c and ultra start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bradleyt 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

I'm looking for advice on a few issues with my Ultrastart 1270 that I just installed in my 2001 Chevy Silverado. I searched for this subject and couldn't find any advice.

1) I'd like to use the trunk release option on the r/s to turn on my air conditioner. Do I need a relay or would the trunk release circuit in the r/s work okay? I am assuming that the a/c pushbutton on the dash is a momentary switch and doesn't carry any load, and all I'd need is a pulse, not a holding voltage. If so, where would I grab a wire for the pushbutton?

2) Also, eveyrthing works fine regarding the r/s installation and PL2 bypass and remotely starting the vehicle (power locks, starting, shutting down, hood pin, door pin, test drove perfectly for miles at all speeds, etc.); but, I noticed that after I programmed the PL bypass, the chime continues to ding with the door open and no key in the ignition during (or after) a remote start. Once I entered the vehicle and put the key in or closed the door, it stops, or if I simply keep the door closed after or during a remote start it doesn't chime. I realize that the door usually wouldn't be open during a remote start, but, is it normal for the chime to sound with the door open and no key in the ignition?

3) I also noticed that with the above issue #2 regarding the PL2, it takes two button presses on the r/s remotes to lock the driver's door. What it does is this: if I press lock on the remote, both doors lock, but the driver's door immediately unlocks, that is, until I press the remote's lock button a second time. Then, the driver's door locks and stays locked. It's not that big of a hassle, as it's sort or reverse of what the factory remotes do during the unlock button press: once for driver's door, twice for both. But, is this correct or is there an issue with the PL2 programming?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

-brad

brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
Turn on a/c????   that feature is automatic-  just shut off the truck after you have turned on the a/c and it will be "on"  when you start it the next time-- just like it does when you start it with the key-  the reason you can't find any info on it- is that every R/S I know of includes this feature when you wire up the accessory hot wire (orange in your GM truck)-- it is included with the blower motor circuit- so maybe you did not realize this would activate the a./c as well......  or maybe you are the 1 in 4 people who have been "trained" by their fathers to always turn off all accessories before you shut off the engine-- old timer's logic is that this will reduce the load on the starter circuit when trying to start the engine-- whereas nowadays the accessory drops out during crank..so this is a non-issue...  just my thoughts....
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
bradleyt 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

Hey, you know, I never tried that with the a/c, but, I just did and it works! And, you're right, I am one of those guys that always turns off the accessories-it's how I roll!

Thanks. Any ideas on the PL2 issue?

-brad

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

The only accs. thast I tell my customers to turn off (if they don't want to spend the money for me to wire it up for them) is the wipers.

Real bad move if it's frozen OR dry as a bone!.

brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Did you power up the white wire as ignition #2-?   Your truck thinks that there is a key in the ignition- and doesn't want to lock the doors with the key in the ignition-- I have to assume an ignition wire is not powered- because I have never had this happen to me and I always power the white wire in the ignition harness- because the tranny is not powered and that can cause tranny problems----
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic