the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

96 pontiac sunfire stereo lock out code?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
autoworxis 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Just bought this '96 Pontiac Sunfire, and the OEM stereo is locked due to incorrect security code. Does anyone know how to get it going without me going to the dealer?
Thanks for any help!
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
pull out the radio  call them up and give them the serial number they should be able to give you the code over the phone...  dealers are the only ones with access to those codes
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
You do not need to pull the radio out of the dash.  Call the dealership and they will tell you what to do to get the radio to display 6 charachters, with those 6 charachters they can get you the code for the radio.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Obtaining Radio Display Code (Scrambled Backup Code)
Important
The radio should be in the LOC mode or have SEC displayed before proceeding, in order to display this code.
Simultaneously press and hold the 2 and 3 pushbuttons for about 6 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code appear.
Write the numbers down.
Press the AM-FM button. The second 3 digits will display.
Write the numbers down.
The display returns to LOC after approximately 5 seconds, or if another button is pressed. The display code must be unscrambled in order to get the factory backup code that unlocks the radio.
ONCE YOU GET THIS CODE CALL YOU NEAREST GM DEALERSHIP AND TELL THEM YOU HAVE THE SCRAMBLED BACKUP RADIO CODE AND NEED THE MASTER CODE. THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET IT FOR YOU IN JUST A FEW MINUTES. THEN.....
Perform the following procedure in order to unlock the theft deterrent after a power loss:
Important
Enter the secret code as follows. Pause no more than 15 seconds between the steps.
LOC appears when the ignition is in the ON position.
Press MN/MIN and 000 will appear on the display.
Press MN/MIN again in order to make the last 2 digits agree with the code.
Press HR in order to make the first 1 or 2 digits agree with the code.
Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will show SEC, indicating that the radio is now operable and secure.
If you enter the wrong code 8 times, INOP will appear on the display. You will have to wait 1 hour with the ignition in the ON position before you may try again. You will only have 3 chances to enter the correct code before INOP appears
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I have a number to gm, the automated one that will give unlock codes for the radio. Its from years ago and i havent tried it in ages. Give me a bit and I'll see if i can come across it.
rtfm
ers1121 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

This is the one I used a while ago, not sure if it still works but worth a try.

** Theftlock Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed.

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, write down the next 3 numbers.

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 620529, press the # button and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM/FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio.

Ed

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic