icon

04 grand am passlock ii problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum thing, but I've been doing installs for years now, and this problem is realy stumping me.  I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT. I recently installed a Crimestopper 2012 TW1. I read up on bypassing the PassLock II. I Cut the yellow wire in half, and like warned, the "Security" light came on every time that I turned the car on. Unfortunatly my patientce got the best of me, and like an Idiot, I didn't read all of the way through the article. What I did do, again like an idiotic amature, I tied in the orange OEM Disarm Wire to the Yellow wires. The car started both by Remote and by Key. When started by key, there was no "Security" light, but if started by Remote, it would only come on after I reached 10 MPH.  Now for my problem....

This Morning, I started my car by remote. I got in my car, and out of habbit, I hit the brake pedal before switching on the Key. Like normal, the car shut off. I tried to start the car by key right away, and now I get nothing from the starter. I checked all of my connections, and removed the wire from the Passlock Wire. Still nothing... I disconected the Black Ground Wire from the battery for 30 minutes, to no avail. I tried the same thing with the Possitive wire, and nothing. I got a ride to work with my buddy, and after 11 hours of sitting, nothing.....

Any Ideas?

The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  
dis-connect the Orange (oem dis-arm)wires from the yellow passlock wire.Reconnect the cut yellow wire back together and turn the ignition to the run position until the security light goes out.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
Still nothing... Any other Ideas?
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
I know it sounds silly,but did you double check all of the fuses?
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I checked all the fuses, and relays first.... I have one replacement relay for each type the car has, just for testing.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2008 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sent a ground pulse to the passlock wire?
Personally? I would stick a scan tool on the car. You may be lucky enough that you might not have to buy a BCM.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
I got it, I let the car sit for a day with the passlock wire hooked up, and the ground off of the battery, then another day with the ground hooked up... went out the following day, and it fired right up!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic