icon

bmw 318ti proximity sensor location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mm3stb 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2008 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
I am away to install a Clifford concept 300 into my 1995 BMW 318ti.
where would be the best location for the proximity sensor?
Thanks
Richard
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Roof lining behind dome light fitting or adjacent gear shift or under rear ashtray. Roof lining is best, adjust before securing by turning pot to min then bring it up a fraction.
Mm3stb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

Howie strikes again.

Everytime i post a question on this forum you allways reply. It's appreciated!

where about in the roof lining would be best, in the middle? i was hoping to install it under the panel that houses the sun roof motor but looks a little cramped. what is the best way to test, just move about in the car and see if the alarm goes off?

Richard

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, every other car I do these days is a BMW of one sort or another,yesterday, I did an '84 Mini!!! What a rotten piece of garbage, it cost the owner real money and he was spending over £1000 on the bodywork, threw a wobbly when I told him I replaced a door contact switch because it was rotten, glad I didn't mention the rest of it. Any way your suggestion is the best, its a squeeze, just drop it to the panel, there's no room to stick it to the roof motor; now read this:- take one  relay, use the aux output that you can set to activate when you arm the alarm (grey/purple), feed it to 85, 12v+ at 3 amps to 87 and 86, 30 via two 1N40xx series diodes bars away from relay to lock and unlock. Set that aux to timer for 3 secs. This will deadlock the car when you arm the alarm but not when you ign autolock. If you take a second relay from the other aux (grey/blue), wire the same way but only feed to the lock wire and set it for 15 secs this will give you window and roof close whenever you hit the bottom right button.
Mm3stb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Howie

i managed to get it beside the sunroof motor under the sunroof switch. Do you think that will be ok? I know Proximity sensors are fussy about there location and being beside moving metal parts.

Thanks for the advice for the deadlock and the window roll up. will give that a try further on down the line. just want to focus on getting the alarm in and working.

Thanks again

Richard

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic