icon

pdx 1.1000 lack of bass control knob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have a question about my alpine pdx 1.1000 which I am about to put in my car. I noticed(unfortunately after purchasing) that it does not have a remote bass control knob which I have come to love nor is one available for it. In my other setups, I would put the subwoofer level on the headunit all the way up and just leave it that way forever while I controlled the gains on my sub amp through the knob. My question here is, how do I go about controlling the bass and seting up the gain?  Do I turn the volume 3/4 of the way up on my headunit with the headunit's subwoofer control all the way up and then turn up the gains on the amp till it distorts? Do I adjust the gains on the amps with the headunits subwoofer control halfway up? Normally none of this mattered cause I had a remote bass control know on my sub amp but whithout that I am all confused. I was even thinking of returning the alpine. I was hoping someone could help me with the problem. Thanks a ton.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Your head units subwoofer control will give you the same adjustability as the bass knob, instead you just have to turn up the subwoofer on the head unit instead of messing with the gain knob.
You have the right idea with initially setting the gain, crank the sub control on the head unit, then turn up the headunit as loud as it can go before it distorts, then back it off a little. Then turn up the gain ob the PDX until the sub starts to slighty distort. Then make fine adjustments from there.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ok Thanks for the respnse Alpine Guy. Just to clarify what you said, you want me to 1) turn the Headunit subwoofer level up to max 2) turn the headunits main volume up till the speakers distort a little and then back off a drop 3) now go ahead and turn up the gain on the pdx amp until the subwoofer distorts 4) now back down on the subwoofer level control on the headunit to get rid of the distortion. I think I have the idea and correct me if Im wrong. Thank you.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yup, thats the idea. Then you will have to listen to some music at your listening volume and fine tune from there.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thank you very much.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic