icon

memphis or arc audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theterminator 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
My friend has a Cerwin Vega 12in Stroker. Hes having trouble deciding whether he should get the Arc Audio KS1000.1 for 459 or the Memphis PR1.1000 for 469. I would personally choose the Arc audio just for the fact that Robert Zeff is behind the design. And we all kno the quality of his products. Which one would yall choose?
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I've not like a pro but I've seen great things from Memphis. Great amps..i've never heard of Arc, but you probably know more than me...just my 2 cents pal
Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Arc Audio KS 1000.1 is alot better amp than the Memphis 1000. Hands down Arc wins this one, just look at the spec sheets. I've personally seen and heard Arc stuff, and its great. IMOO the last thing Memphis big great was the belle 5 channel (loved that amp). Honestly, the best advice you'll ever get isn't from some guy in a forum, but from listening to both amps on identical drivers (if not your own). That way you can let your ears be the judge. But for the sake of a vote *cough* ARC wins :P
rtfm
theterminator 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yea i have the Arc FD1200.1 powering a TC-3000 and i love it. Ive heard this amp and i didnt really impress me, but it was powering some kickers. So i cant really say i have some thing to compare it to.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Arc. While the Memphis is decent product, get the Arc, no question.
And whether RZ designed it or not, and while he DOES design good amps, the actual implementation of the design makes FAR more difference to the end product. If every product were as good as the DESIGN said it would be, then Chrysler wouldn't be putting 500,000 mile engines in 95,000 mile bodies. Think about that! LOL
The quality of the design ISN'T in question, it's the quality of the implementation, plain and simple!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

Get the arc, very good amp for the money my brother-in-law has there 6 channel with 550 watts to the sub then 60 to his mids. We got it as a feeler amp price was right we got to power up a moderate system in his daily driver. With that said not a single problem with the amp very well built. Next sysetm will have 2 of there SE amps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic