2007 odyssey, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phatbieu 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I plan on buy and install a set of remote start on my van but completely have no experiences about car. I bought an Ungo RS10 and XK05 from a local Frys (what they told me) and did a little bit of reading. I found out that the XK05 was not right for my van, they have to flash it at the installation shop. It was tricky to customer :(
I have a couple of questions:
1- where can I buy a complete set of remote start for my car?
2- part of the installation I have to run a hoodpin, tach, and power wires from engine's area to the inside. I have never touched on car and have no idea how to do it. Would you please help me?
I do appreciate all of your times!
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
the xk05 is the right immobilizer bypass for your car. honestly your car is fairly easy (from an installer point of view) however don't take this the wrong way but i think you would be better taking your car to your local shop and have them install it if you have to car electronics background.
phatbieu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks dtk1,
I have electronics background and (I think) I can learn from it. All I need is how to run wire from battery (2 power wire, 30A each) to the inside. Other signals are ok for me. Like I said, electronics is ok for me but the mechanical part, I am not familiar with at all. In fact, I just install the stereo system for it just less than 2hrs.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
You don't need to run power wires from battery to the inside. Take the power wires at the ignition harness. You can run hood pin and tach wires under hood through firewall. You will also need to access driver door module inside drivers door and route a wire to the disarm wire through a molex plug in door jam (not very easy for an inexperienced installer) and a second if you plan on it rearming factory alarm.
The anti-theft is under the steering shroud at the key cylinder and you need to hook up the right wires in the right plug. The xk05 flashed to PKH3 will work.
This vehicle for me to do is about 1 1/2 hrs to about 2 hrs start to finish with taking the driver door apart and fishing my wires and completing all connections with solder.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
phatbieu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for your experience, techman93!
You mean I can just grap the 2 power wires from the remote start and tab to power wire at the ignition harness? does that overload the current or it's ok to do?
My plan is just to install the remote start (I don't really care about the alarm). if that is the case, the should I need the tach wire install as an integral part of the remote start?
The last question: could you tell me where I can buy these parts?
Money is hard to earn but above that I am sure that lots of guys enjoy doing stuffs themselves even with higher cost :)
I do appreciate your thoughts very much :)
phatbieu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Techman93,
I forgot to ask you the specific instruction on how to run the wires thru the firewall. I looked at it and don't have a clue or place that I could slide the wire through :( I know this is very important step since the seal is important to the car, I i drill a hole I could damage wires that (possibly) lay in between the walls. Please be more specific if you could. Thanks
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
this car is the worst car to run wire to the engine compartment the way i do it is drill a couple of inches away from the brake booster
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
The current at the harness is fine and that is how I have done it for many many years.
Normally at our shop we run our remote starters on voltage sense. It is ok and will save you time on install. The hood pin is not installed due to my boss worrying about them failing or breaking causing issues with the remote starter. You can drill through and make sure you put in an appropriate rubber grommet or a plastic bushing of some kind to protect wire from getting chafed. There should not be any wires in the way. Or you can choose to skip that all together if you wish and install your own safety switch under the dash so you can shut it off if you get any work done like oil change to prevent it from being started accidentally.
Do not use T-taps to make your connections. Solder or at least crimp connect.
As far as the door wire is a must do, you can not bypass that part of the install or when you remote start or unlock your door, the factory alarm will go off. You will need to shut it off before you try again.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
phatbieu 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
What about the tachwire, what happen if I skip this wire? I happen to pickup my wife every night around 9pm, it's cold outside in Seattle.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic