icon

power windows 04 grand am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

04 Pontiac Grand Am GT, Crimestopper 2012 TW1 RS/Alarm Combo unit..... http://crimestopper.com/techweb/InstructionBooks/ComboSystem/cs2011_2016dp_30option_ins.pdf

I'm trying to find a way to be able to roll down my power windows, using an Aux Trigger from my alarm. Above link is to the install manual for my Unit

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

To make it Easier, here is the link for the wiring diag, for the car too....  Sorry I forgot to add it to the orig post....

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~23816

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
If you want everything to work on one press - get a window control module such as DEI 530T.
Working it manually - use the aux 3 or 4 output(set to steady momentary), and a relay per window per direction(i.e. 2 windows down only = 2 relays, 4 windows up and down = 8 relays).
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
how would you wire the relays? I'd like to start with the 2 front windows first, then maybe do the back 2. I'd like to be able to control them so up, would control all to go up and vise versa... Thanks!
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
As follows -
85: (-) aux. output from alarm
86, 87: 12VDC constant fused
87a: switch side of cut window motor lead
30: motor side of cut motor lead
Repeat for each additional window/direction you want - you might could use the same aux. for all 4 down, obviously you'll use a different one for up.
If you're going to do all windows in both directions - I would recommend you just use a window module. Not that expensive and much more convenient.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
I'd like to do this without the module...  Should I Diode Isolate each wire, or what?
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
It wouldn't be necessary to diode isolate in this case - the window motor wires on the car would not be connected to each other.
You should put voltage-suppression diodes across 85 and 86 of each relay if you don't buy relays which already have them, and depending on how strong the aux. outputs are from your alarm, you may need to boost them with another relay each(the outputs might not be strong enough to activate 4 relay coils directly).
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

Have a Question about the Polarity..... What does (REV) mean? I'm assuming it means Reverse, but I'm not familier with that. I'm Well aware of + and - , but I'm not sure how this functions.. Can someone Explain this for me please? Thanx

WIREpower windows 04 grand am -- posted image.COLORpower windows 04 grand am -- posted image.POLARITYpower windows 04 grand am -- posted image.LOCATIONpower windows 04 grand am -- posted image. power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.Power Unlock WHITE (-) IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.PowerLock WHITE (-) IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.Driver Mtr Unlock TAN (REV) DRIVER'S DASH NEAR FUSE BOX 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.Driver Mtr Lock GRAY (REV) DRIVER'S DASH NEAR FUSE BOX 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.Pas Mtr Unlock TAN (REV) DRIVER'S DASH NEAR FUSE BOX 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.LF Window Up DARK BLUE (REV) AT MASTER SWITCH 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.LF Window Dn BROWN OR(GRAY) (REV) AT MASTER SWITCH 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.RF Window Up BLUE OR BLUE/WHITE (REV) AT MASTER SWITCH 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.RF Window Dn TAN (REV) AT MASTER SWITCH 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.LR Window Up DARK GREEN (REV) AT MASTER SWITCH 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.LR Window Dn PURPLE OR(PURPLE / WHITE) (REV) AT MASTER SWITCH 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.RR Window Up LIGHT GREEN OR(BLUE) (REV) AT MASTER SWITCH 
power windows 04 grand am -- posted image.RR Window Dn PURPLE OR PURPLE / WHITE (REV) AT MASTER SWITCH

chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Reverse polarity means that the wire rests at ground or 12 volts, so that it can't be controlled by sending a simple (+) or (-) to it.
2-wire motors(like power lock actuators and window motors) usually have to operate in 2 directions.
For example the power locks: the gray and tan wires both rest at ground.
When the switch is pressed for unlock, the tan wire is switched from ground to 12 volts and the gray stays at ground. The lock actuator moves in the unlock direction. When the switch is pressed for lock, the tan wire stays at ground and the gray goes to 12 volts. This moves the actuator in the opposite direction.
The same thing happens with the windows.
This is the reason the relays or window modules have to interrupt each window motor wire - you've just created a short circuit if you were to send the individual motor leads 12 volts.
danielboston 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

hello guys  , i really need some help on this  project  ,im going to install a avital 4400 + trunk release solenoid + 506t audio sensor + 2  530t window automation system ,vehicle its a   2009 toyota corolla also i will need  the tech sheet from DEI ,what im asking here its  an idea how to  get  all this connected on avital 4400.i know i can use for trunk release   (RED / white(-) 200ma channel2 validity output),but for the 530 t im not sure what to do about it how get this conected,thanks in advanced

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic