bmw 318 ti uk indicator wires?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mm3stb 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I am in the middle of installing a Clifford Concept 300 and i am struggling to find the indicator wires for the car. i have checked at the stalk wiring and when the indicators are turned on it shows a constant 12v not pulsing?
Will i have to tap into the wires at the realy under the bonnet?
Thanks
Richard
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
Me again is this an E36? Then ground the black feed marked indicator feed, join the indicator output wires together then join that single wire to the BROWN / blue in the haz switch loom.
kola7126 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

E36: blue\brown, blue\green wires (+)  in driver`s kick panel.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Nice try Kola but the UK R/H/Drive version puts them on the passenger side in the main loom behind glovebox. N.B. It's still much easier to go where I said originally because the LED and Valet switch will normally go on the switch panel in front of gear shift and the Haz switch is behind, also the original dealer installed alarms in the 3 series used the pick-up point I previously mentioned. By the way, Mm3stb's  next question wil be immobiliser points, light green for ign. and GREEN/ black for starter, also in the lom behind the glovebox left hand side.
Mm3stb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Howie, if we ever meet i'll be buying you a few beers!

I am going to do what you suggested and tap into the hazard switch as there is far too much wires behind the glove box. I wont be back at it for a few days, I'll maybe do it on sunday. I already have the immobiliser and intellistart wires connected but thanks all the same. I need to get a PMMCIA card for this computer so i can get the alarm setup. I tried adding a new fob via the valet seitch and something went wrong and now my * button arms and disarms the alarm and the boot release activated valet mode (tried more than once) think the alarm is set to silent arm/disarm as it doesnt chirp but does sound when activated.

any advice on the boot wire?

Thanks again

Richard

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
look at bulkhead, rear of passenger compatment behind rear seat. There's a large cable grommett at top and a BROWN / white coming from boot ,  splitting from main loom and going upwards. This is your bot/trunk contact wire. assuming 5 door saloon. Cabriolets and coupes put this wire on the quadlock connector along with the door wires behind glovebox next to door lock/unlock connector.
Mm3stb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

It's a 3 door hatch. I'll get a meter onto the wires to track it down. is it the same connector as the lock/unlock wires?

Thanks again

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Its the plug to the right of the lock/unlock plug. You should have BROWN / grey, BROWN / blue with yellow dots for each door and maybe a brown /white not too sure about the doors but brown's the primary colour. the trunk contact was repeated up the front in the last of the E36.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic