need amp small and powerful

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theetimurban 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  

audiocableguy wrote:
Has JL released the HD series of amps yet?

Negative Ghost Rider... They were supposed to be released start of second quarter, i.e. April 1st, but here we are, almost May, and I have yet to see one commercially available....

jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys i been told there are alot of amps that can do the same thing as an alpine amp for the half of price and the reason why the customer wants a control knob is because he has a 6 disc changer on it and the sound is really good i'm adding infinity tweeters

skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

jl's new hd amps WILL launch officially in may... first will be the 4 ch and about 4 weeks later will come the full range class d mono.....

there can be only one.......
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 26, 2008 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Since amps don't HANDLE power, they MAKE power...
The Alpine PDX1.600 fits that bill (nearly) perfectly. I own the PDX1.1000, and it is a POWERHOUSE! Look there, IMO. Only thing is... no remote bass knob.

The spiz has spoken.......need amp small and powerful - Page 2 -- posted image.

I got my hands on a PDX5, and it's "fab"

cody2white 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2008 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

rockford has a good line up of compact amps, i own the t1500-1db and it slams

robsatx 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2008 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

Alpine Guy wrote:
I cringe whenever I see a corvette pull up, 99% of the time it's a price fight

It always blows my mind when shop people complain about customers trying to save money (on gear that has a 150% markup) - when by the very nature of the statement it confirms the value of it (money) to the salesman/installer.  So really - you are confirming how cheap/greedy you are - while, in the same breath, critizing the customer for being the same way.

Not a salesman or shop owner just a hobbyist. But as a business person, installers have bills to pay. There is rent, electricty, phones, taxes, supplies, water, paper, paper towels. employees, stolen merchandise, dropped and broken items, tools, comebacks (for faulty equipment), maintenance, cleaning supplies, taxes shall i go on?

Greedy how many car audio shops do you see MAKING (NOT SELLING) a million in audio gear. Geez they have to make money also. I am sure you like to get paid for your time at work?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic