icon

clifford smart windows ii vs dei 530t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rikyric 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have a brandnew Clifford Smart Windows II, Still in the box with instructions. I bought it years ago hoping to put in my vehicle. Anyways I was looking around and saw the DEI 530t. Does anyone know the differences between the two? And if I shoould I stick witht the Clifford module.
orntar 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
because they are both dei products, i would assume they are very similar, if not identical. i would just stick with what you have if it supports the features you want.
do you have the install manual? you could compare it to the 530t manual, its on this site in a few places.
rikyric 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

Actually I bought this unit over ten years ago, (SmartWindows 2 not 4) it is not made by DEI. I was just wondering if there are any senior install gurus here that remember this unit.

OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  

They are completely different systems, since the Smart Windows 2 unit was made before DEi bought out Clifford.

The one thing I didnt like about SW2 is that you could only vent within 10 seconds of arming, and only roll down with 10 seconds of disarming.  With the 530t, you can vent or roll down at any given time.  What I also didnt like about SW2 is that everytime you disconnected your battery for car service, it seemed like the amount it would vent would always be messed up and you would have to go thru a re-programming procedure.

As for the 530t, the only thing I dont like about it is the "vent, pause, then roll down" it does upon seeing a validity channel or a 3 sec timed output (whichever way you set it up). The SW2 will go for the full roll down right away, but you get over the pause in the 530t.

I would go with the 530t. It's a currently supported window module (not extinct) and works beautifully when installed correctly.

97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
OmarR wrote:

They are completely different systems, since the Smart Windows 2 unit was made before DEi bought out Clifford.

The one thing I didnt like about SW2 is that you could only vent within 10 seconds of arming, and only roll down with 10 seconds of disarming.  With the 530t, you can vent or roll down at any given time.  What I also didnt like about SW2 is that everytime you disconnected your battery for car service, it seemed like the amount it would vent would always be messed up and you would have to go thru a re-programming procedure.

As for the 530t, the only thing I dont like about it is the "vent, pause, then roll down" it does upon seeing a validity channel or a 3 sec timed output (whichever way you set it up). The SW2 will go for the full roll down right away, but you get over the pause in the 530t.  I would go with the 530t. It's a currently supported window module (not extinct) and works beautifully when installed correctly.

I agree also.  I have the smart windows module in my car now(had it since '96).  One thing OmarR didn't mention also is that the window module doesn't work if you do silet arm/disarm.  The 530t will.  Also, in order for it to work with newer alarms, I believe you need some type of pulse adaptor to make it work(I can't remember the exact details on that since it's been so long).  I still have a 700IQ as well.  The reprogramming of the window module isn't too bad when you lose power.  Just sucks that you have to get to the molex plugs and bypass the module to let the windows up/down(I always have to pull out the manual to remember which one) to re-program them.  Also, the 530t is about half the size of the smart windows.  Keep that in mind when you think about where you are going to put it.  I have mine under my seat.

rikyric 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I am going to be installing the SW2 on a Compustar P2w900fm-as this weekend. Do you think I will have any issues with this setup?

Car 93 civic

Spal deluxe window kit & switches

I have done the research and it seems that the compustar does not have the validity output for their aux channels.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
i thought the sw4 uses data to tell the unit to vent meaning it only works with clifford units.
rikyric 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
i thought the sw4 uses data to tell the unit to vent meaning it only works with clifford units.

I am not installing a sw4 module, I have a Smart Windows 2 module.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic