icon

pioneer avic z1/z2/z3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
septicdeath 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
I just finished upgrading my used Z1 and am now ready to install it. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone from here can answer for me.
#1. Does someone sell a GPS/XM/Sirius antenna mouse that allows connections to all the hide away units? Seems silly that I have to run a gps antenna, and then a XM-Nav antenna as well, and if I were to choose sirius (Seriously doubt that since I have the p10xmt). Just wondering.
#2. I bought it used, and the GPS antenna came without the metal plate that is suggested to be used if not magnetically connected to the outside of the vehicle. It states DO NOT cut or trim it, so I assume that its a engineered plate with some specific benfit that warrants me taking the time to try to buy one from ebay or pioneer or some other member? Anyone got specs on what it is, where I can buy one, etc, etc
#3. With respect to the dual gps/xm antenna and if it doesnt exist, I used to have a car pc, with a home computer usb XM radio antenna, and I had that mounted inside the car, in the rear quarter panel (Its a wagon) pushed up against the wagons side rear glass windows. This unit with the p10xmt seems to be MUCH better build and much more solid. Do I really need to mount it outside, how about on the dash pushed back up against the front windshield, its not tinted, and no wiring is inside the glass on the 93 camry wagon v6 windshield.
Thanks in advance.
tigh4life 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2008 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
#1: No, No1 sells an all-n-1 antenna.
#2: I have never used that piece. Its just a piece of metal for the antenna to ground out threw. Ive always heard that u have to put the antenna on a piece of metal bc it needs to ground out to get a good signal. But out of the thousands that ive installed there has only been a handful that i havnt mounted outside the car for diff reasons. And had to make a metal plate or somthing for the antenna to get a signal. I always place the antenna ontop of the z1 inside the dash. Never had a prob with signal quality.
#3: Please refer to my previous answer. IF ur gonna mount it inside the car then place it on a piece of metal. Preferably faceing toward the sky. Not sideways.
Hope that helps. Just my .02.
About me: Ive been installing for CCity for 5yrs and have worked for the top 3 stores in the Atl district. And also alot of side jobs.
ya boy mike 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2008 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

If you really want that metal piece I believe I have one that you can have.

As for installing the antenna I used to have mine on the trunk lid, I have also seen many installed on top of the dash againt the windshield, never seen a problem out of that. Just use double sided tape to adhere it.

It Hz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic