icon

brand opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
y2j514 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  

My buddy recently purchased 2 12" Audiobahn AW1206T subs.  They're dual coil 4ohm 1100w RMS.  I told him if he wants to run both subs off of one amp he needs one major powerful 1-ohm stable amp.  He did some googling, and he found a 3000W RMS 1-ohm stable amp by "Diesel Audio", anyone have any opinion on this?  What do you guys recommend he use to power them?

One more question,  I'm looking to upgrade my deck and I found this pretty neat looking deck by Power Acoustik, model: PTID-5300 ( http://www.beachaudio.com/Power-Acoustik/Ptid-5300-p-106871.html ).  Any opinions on power acoustik and their decks?  Any similar deck that is a better buy that you know of?

Appreciate your opinions and help, thanks a lot.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
those subs won't handle the rated power at all.
Audiobahn is flea market crap that is overrated and overchromed.
A real 1000 watt amp will push those subs easily and probably fry them too.
Do you really think a 1100 rms sub will have a 7.5lb magnet??
thunda_hawg 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

diesel & PA are  probably not the way to go either with amplification and  source. Ive had noyhing but problems with that brand.  It comes down to aquality thing.   thatt amp doesn't have the fuses to push that much power.(2x30 and 8-4ga terminals?)

good stuff isnt always cheap, cheap stuff isnt always good.

save a couple  paychecks for some reputible products. you'll have more satisfying and longer lasting system.

89' 240sx
Rockford t8004
boston z6 comp.
eclipse 3432
polk MM 8"
Taylor owes Joe a Sandwich
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

<<<<<<<enters the devils advocate!!!!!

hold up for just a minute.... if that is the correct model number... that makes those the audiobahn flame Q's... i just google em and the ones that came up i remember to actually be a pretty serious sub.  I had a customer who was running two of them in an impala on two jl 1000/1's and they took every bit of it and pounded the whole time.... audiobahn was never really known as a solid name brand... but if those are what u have to work with.... just use em to the best potential u can.

always.... always remember...... most of this gear is only as good as the way it's being used.  some people will make a big deal outta name brands, but the fact is not everyone can afford brands like focal, jl audio, etc...

a really good amp u could use without breaking the bank open would probably be two of the alpine mrpm1000 that just came out... decent amount of power.. u don't have to mortgage the house to own em.... and yes they are a reputable name brand from a line of amps that have been the best selling in the world for the last two years!!!!

don't get wrapped up in the hype... buy what u like... afterall, it's your money... just make sure u get something that will bring a smile to your face one way or the other... hope this helps....

there can be only one.......
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
y2j514, I for one would never own nor recommend any of the brands in your original post, unless you simply want to have a loud system with little regard for sound quality and you don't care how long it lasts.
Support the12volt.com
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
i agree with DYohn, i sell the diesel amps all day long.  and some power acoustic source units also.  and i see about 75% of those people again returning or buying new equipment within 2 months.  the other 25 % just dont know hoe music is supposed to sound so they dont care...  i do not recommend either of those brands. 
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic